Discuss Brick / Metro Tiling - Where to centre tile above in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

Just about to do some brick tiling. When you centre the first tile on the row above, do you centre it on the grout line or at the edge of the tile below?

So does the middle of the tile above go inline with the grout line or the edge of tile

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Q

Qwerty

Depends how critical you want to be really. You should aim for a 2mm grout joint as this (in my opinion) looks the best. I always centre off of the grout joint, however you may find it easier from the edge of a tile. It is only 2mm and you won't really notice it. So long as the rows are all symmetrically laid you will be fine.

Is this your first tiling venture?

Q

Qwerty

Simples!

aleksandr-hills.jpg

Reaction score
Cheers all, did as follows and all looks good. What confused me a bit is I got some Sigma 2mm spacers and also some virex 2mm spacers. The Sigma ones are actually 2mm whilst the virex ones are 1mm but say for 2mm grout line?!

I have done the job now already with the 2mm sigmas - which would you have used?! I have got another bathroom to do :)

Reply to Brick / Metro Tiling - Where to centre tile above in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks