Discuss bostik primer coming off when scrapping feet on in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I had the same problem with this s**t, beforehand I lightly grinded the tiles, washed and dried them, then applied primer, it took a long time to set and when it did it was a bit soft as you described ( came off when scratched hard) I took the chance and poured a Bostik deep leveling compound last job before Christmas.... first day back in January this is what greeted me, the primer came clean off the floor, I got in contact with bostik technical they came out looked at it and couldn’t give me a definite explanation as to what happened and told me to use bostik universal primer instead which after lifting the leveling compound I used and it worked ok.
They sent a new batch of special hardsurface primer to the tile shop, said it was ok to use so one of the lads that works for me had a nixer for his ant last week, tile on tile she got hardsurface primer from the same shop, he said had to lift a couple of tiles on Saturday and guess what... adhesive and primer came clean off the floor.
Avoid at all costs.
3EF2312B-D5FB-4786-86A0-8F5703F85350.jpeg
F574E5A2-F380-4191-9724-2BC2AD4C4230.jpeg
A6C4CA1A-FB8F-4C82-AB6C-FCB1B2F9CA76.jpeg

average

TF
Reaction score
I had the same problem with this s**t, beforehand I lightly grinded the tiles, washed and dried them, then applied primer, it took a long time to set and when it did it was a bit soft as you described ( came off when scratched hard) I took the chance and poured a Bostik deep leveling compound last job before Christmas.... first day back in January this is what greeted me, the primer came clean off the floor, I got in contact with bostik technical they came out looked at it and couldn’t give me a definite explanation as to what happened and told me to use bostik universal primer instead which after lifting the leveling compound I used and it worked ok.
They sent a new batch of special hardsurface primer to the tile shop, said it was ok to use so one of the lads that works for me had a nixer for his ant last week, tile on tile she got hardsurface primer from the same shop, he said had to lift a couple of tiles on Saturday and guess what... adhesive and primer came clean off the floor.
Avoid at all costs. View attachment 97107 View attachment 97108 View attachment 97109

O rubbish. Tiles already laid ontop of leveler. Hope all is good with them and no lifting.

Reply to bostik primer coming off when scrapping feet on in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks