Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss black grout stain on polished porcelain in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi I've just laid 26m2 of wood effect polished porcelain tiles (quite high end from Italy. Fioronese urban wood)
After laying them I cleaned then with ltp grimex to remove factory wax, then sealed using ltp sealer impregnator left for 20 mins then buffed them up. I left them for 24 hrs to cure then grouted in black (nightmare I know) then I washed them off then polished only to find that the grout had stained the tiles.

My question is is there a realistic way of removing these stains. My feeling is no but if anyone out there can advise I would greatly appreciate it.
I just can't see where I went wrong. I'm totally gutted.

IMG_0426.JPG

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would start off with a porcelain specific cement residue remover, testvonly 1-2 tiles in a descreet area. dilute 1-3 or as stated, pre wet your joints, ( you don't want to burn your black grout joints grey) flash clean 1-2 min with brush or white pad. Rinse , dry , re test a stronger dilution if req.

What make of grout is it.?

Did they advise to remove the wax first? This could have protected you

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Shot in the dark but I had some cheap ceramic white tiles stain when I used Bal Ash grout. The staining was on every tile and no cleaning product could sort it. Bal Technical had no idea. I crapped my pants if I am honest as i would have had to pay for them to be replaced.

The only thing that worked an absolute treat were Flash Magic Sponges. Saved my bacon. Had to raid the local asda but they were well worth it.
I always keep a few boxes in the van just incase.

Reply to black grout stain on polished porcelain in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock