Discuss Black Bal Grout seems to have penetrated through the wall tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Can any tilers recommend a way of getting these black dots off our wall tiles? The tiles are matt white and are porcelain. Black Bal grouting was used.
We have tried all different grout removers but none have worked.

DSC05179.JPG DSC05180.JPG DSC05181.JPG DSC05182.JPG DSC05183.JPG DSC05184.JPG

Q

Qwerty

They look heavily textured to me. Try something like LTP cement residue remover and a small scrubbing brush.

B

Bill

Black grout has to be the worst tiling product there is.

As for removing the speckles, try using a good, stiff, nail brush along with some bi-carb, leave for a few mins and rinse with clean water.

Try not to get any in the black grout joints as this will just agitate the grout and move the grout back onto the tiles.

Black grout = nightmares. Good luck.

Reaction score
Yes they have a textured surface.

Several cement removers have been used including LTP with a toothbrush but it has made no difference whatsoever.

Tipex would unfortunately be too bright because the tiles are very slightly off white.

Q

Qwerty

Have you tried gently picking it out with a needle? Sounds ridiculous but may be the only way

B

Bill

Yes they have a textured surface.

Several cement removers have been used including LTP with a toothbrush but it has made no difference whatsoever.

Tipex would unfortunately be too bright because the tiles are very slightly off white.
Probably stained then...... black grout is the devil's work.

I wish folk wouldn't find my sarcastic posts sarcastic. Tippex.......

Reply to Black Bal Grout seems to have penetrated through the wall tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks