Discuss Best Wetroom Systems in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Smudger

Hi Folks

We used to have a wc / shower downstairs but cubilcle was tiny. My partner wanted a utility room so we ripped out wc & shower. She would now like a downstairs wc & shower (bless her cotton socks!), but want to keep the utility room.

My plan is to tile whole room and install glass panel with door across room and have wetroom & wc in half.

I have decent understanding of principles of wetrooms, plumbing etc, and confident of installing but my question is this:

Is it best to go with a complete system from a manufacturer; if so do you have experience of any; or
Is it best to mix'n'match products to get exactly what I want.

Busy reading up on installation so if you can point in direction of good sources of info I'd be much oblidged.

Thanks in advance

Martin

P.S. Any photos / links of previous jobs that I can "borrow" ideas from would be great.

M

Mike

is it a concrete floor? do you plan on using a pre-formed base or forming it yourself? as for the tanking kits i've only used granfix and mapei. both seemed adequate but the mapei seemed a bit thinner.

S

Smudger

It is concrete floor at the moment. The room is a single skin (4" block) extension. Haven't as yet made any firm decisions on whether to use pre-formed base or form-it myself, gathering info at moment. Thanks for thoughts on kits. I'll have a look, cheers.

S

Smudger

Just been looking at the Impey aqua dec systems, they look pretty good. Anyone used them? Think I'll probably raise the floor using wooden platform as it will be much easier to run outlet pipework.

Reply to Best Wetroom Systems in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks