Discuss Best way to remove karaquick s1 and latex+ in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GDd

As per title! I have a single tile crack across the long face in bathroom. 10mm thick slate tile set on keraquick S1 with latex+. I am unsure whether to remove it or live with it. It is a hairline crack and only noticeable from certain angle.

I know how tough this adhesive is so am not looking forward to removal, how hard is it to get off and any shortcuts or tips?

This area is suspended wood floor overlaid with ply.

We have laid almost 100m2 with no other issues.

Reaction score
Good evening,
The tricky bit is not damaging any of the other tiles whilst removing it.
I'd rake the grout out around it, then bash the centre of the tile with a hammer. Then leaver up the shards from the centre outwards.
Does make me wonder if the replacement tile will go the same way. Could be a flexible point in the floor.

OP
F

Flintstone

The problem here is probably ‘ply wood overlay’. I wouldn’t advise fitting slate onto ply wood. How thick is the wood ?

Reply to Best way to remove karaquick s1 and latex+ in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer