Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
go for a sigma , monty or the rubi ti cutter, dont go for the rubi ts range as they are very limited, ie you want a cutter with a moveable breaker.. i have owned or used all these cutters plus the rubi tx range but not the Ti and the best are the monty and the sigma... p.s read daves review on the rubi ti .

I am bathroom fitter. I need to buy new cutter too.
Definitely able to cut 600 mm tiles and strong enough to cut porcelain.
For pro/often use but not dayly bases.

What is the limitation of TS?
Is TS plus any better appart from breaking power? I though I would buy this one.Seems to be good enough for every job.

TI looks nice but
1)does not still have case in yeaar 2009 april and it is needed to my opinion for transportation(things can fall and so...)
2)am warried about that it might be too strong for some ceramic tiles- crashing them (as statet by others)

Can you help?
Thanks

S

Scott

I have a rubi but did use a sigma 900 couple of years ago and it was quite an old on. I t took off a slither off a 660mm tile 10mm thick without even the tiniest of bevels ont eh cut. I looked into the sigmas before th rubi but was disappointed in the availablitly of them.

I dont think my ts50 plus is as good as the sigma and its showing signs of wear already and its only done around 2000mts!

N

Nuddy

sigma for me i have the 600 and 900, had my 600 nearly 8 yrs only had t change cutting wheel 3 times...i'd say 75% porcelane cuts over the last 4-5yrs deffo had plenty of action. bit wd40 every week sorted!

D

diamondtiling

sigma for me i have the 600 and 900, had my 600 nearly 8 yrs only had t change cutting wheel 3 times...i'd say 75% porcelane cuts over the last 4-5yrs deffo had plenty of action. bit wd40 every week sorted!

WD40 on a sigma!!

Not good buddy, get some silicone spray.

:thumbsup:

A

albyshellshear

wd 40 ok for metal parts but it rots ruber and plastic, silicone spray does'nt so its a better option Nuds mate :thumbsup:

N

Nuddy

No rubber or plastic on my sigma so i'll stick with my wd40 for now,
cheers for advise anyway Alby..

Another reason Sigma one of best cutters very robust and site friendly, no plastic to wear or break..
:thumbsup:

R

richard Kent

I have just ordered a Little didli Monti from Dave at TT, who needs a NVQ in tile i've got a Monti :smilewinkgrin:

J

jwatson

i use the rubi. ti s 66. it takes some getting use to esspecially if u have used another cutter for a while.(dont be too hasty with the breaker bar.) but i find this a great tool for the job, cuts tiles up to 600mm. can cut tiles at different angles eg 45s good for diamond pattern.
i would get another smaller one as well as it is hard to use in smaller bathrooms/kitchens.

hope this helps

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Up until a few months ago ,i was rubi guy through and through,since then i have became a sigma guy,i bought three rubi ts 700's and everyone has failed on me after tile less than 50m2 a piece,now i could blame the tiles am using,but i have a ts 40 and that has failed too,just doing regular ceramics,on everyone the bolts have come lose around the snapper an along the bar where the set goes,so after so many years of using rubi's i have had to change to sigma ,have had one for about 8 years but hardly used and have just ordered the 700 version.

Until rubi cutters pick up am staying with sigmas.

F

facetile

have to say i am a rubi man myself but have used monolit and think they are great. really it's personal preference

N

nick.v.g

have used a rubi ts50 for the last 15 years and am happy with it as an allround cutter for general use, ts 40 is too small for the larger size of wall tiles prevalent today and I find the ts 60 too large for general use and not suitable for large 10mm + plus floor tiles due to the fixed breaker, your better off with the tx series for flooring. Have recently bought a Rodia 75, was tossing up between that and the tx700 but the stainless steel finish ( love my toys to be shiney ) and the breaker pull system integrated into the handle did it for me but....... am I happy with it, yes and no, done everything I asked of it so far but cant see why they dont have a return spring for the breaker, irritates the hell out of me having to push it back manually, am going to build in spring myself. like the fact that it takes the standard rubi ts scoring wheels that are available everywhere but heres my biggest gripe. whats wrong with the rubi cutting wheels lately? the 6 and 8mm wheels only seem to last a month or two before the pin through the wheel starts coming out, I used to be able to get a year or nore work out of them.

Reply to Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock