Discuss Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

honza1

TF
Reaction score
I have got mine TX700N couple of weeks ago.

BUT CHECK THIS.:yikes:

When I went to topps tiles to look at corner strips I noticed
FLOOR tiler set box - including manual cuter(cuts up to 41cm),spred,knee pads,spacers,and some more cheap things -ALL for sale price £12.99

I have got that as I was about to work in very small bathroom on stair landing and there would not be any space anywhere near for my TX . And tiles were soft ceramic ones 40x20 cm so I decided to go for it.

It has worked well and saved me a lot of time - runing up and down the stairs if I would have to use my large TX. I finished the job with it no problem and now I am laughing at how this £13 investment served me well.

:thumbsup:

:ninja:!!! I do not recomend this as a LONGtime lasting PRO TOOL !!!:ninja:

Attachments

• Dsc00863a.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 180

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I just picked up my Montoli P75 yesterday.
I wish I had it from day one now. It really is THAT good.
So mamy things are right about this cutter, I will try and make time to post a review and pics in the tools section some time this weekend.....!
i got one of those dad , its one of the best cutters ive owned .. :thumbsup:

2Balls

Hi, I use 3 types of cutters daily, a Rubi TS40, 2 Huffa`s 47 + 63 and a Montolit MP60. I find it hard to say what is the best, as they all have their good and bad points.Have I found my dream cutter? I can only say no!

:8:2Balls

S

Stan001

Had my eye on the TX700 for a while. Got to use one 2 weeks ago, I was told that the breaker can leave marks on white stones (limestone) that are damn hard to remove (the breaker is black) and that some guys had to use chalk under the breaker? To make sure this doesn’t happen – again - hummm wot??? (anyone had this happen?). I have been using the TS (all sizes, std TS and the TS plus) for the last week and a bit and find them super easy to use and fast. I like the fact you can see the cutter wheel so can make quick line up on the front and rear marks for all odd edge cuts to walls etc. Super accurate. Other cutters you cant see the wheel very well even when bending down and looking under. I do see the advantage of the moving breaker though for some jobs. I have seen curves cut by two tilers very easily on the TS with the fixed breaker applied to each end of the curve to form a perfect break. An example of how easy and flexible the TS design is. The stronger TS plus breaker didn’t have trouble breaking tough Pilkington porcs I have previously spent many an hour wet cutting.
I am now thinking more towards the TS rather than the TX as the TS will make a good all round cutter and its damn fast and accurate. As the Rubi rep said, you need a smaller TS and a larger TX – but he would wouldn’t he …. trouble is, I think he’s right! … ouch – gotta start playing the lottery I think.

D

doug boardley

Had my eye on the TX700 for a while. Got to use one 2 weeks ago, I was told that the breaker can leave marks on white stones (limestone) that are damn hard to remove (the breaker is black) and that some guys had to use chalk under the breaker? To make sure this doesn’t happen – again - hummm wot??? (anyone had this happen?). I have been using the TS (all sizes, std TS and the TS plus) for the last week and a bit and find them super easy to use and fast. I like the fact you can see the cutter wheel so can make quick line up on the front and rear marks for all odd edge cuts to walls etc. Super accurate. Other cutters you cant see the wheel very well even when bending down and looking under. I do see the advantage of the moving breaker though for some jobs. I have seen curves cut by two tilers very easily on the TS with the fixed breaker applied to each end of the curve to form a perfect break. An example of how easy and flexible the TS design is. The stronger TS plus breaker didn’t have trouble breaking tough Pilkington porcs I have previously spent many an hour wet cutting.
I am now thinking more towards the TS rather than the TX as the TS will make a good all round cutter and its damn fast and accurate. As the Rubi rep said, you need a smaller TS and a larger TX – but he would wouldn’t he …. trouble is, I think he’s right! … ouch – gotta start playing the lottery I think.
this can happen Stan, I use a piece of card of a tile box and place it under the breaker in these situations:thumbsup:

S

Stan001

You wouldn't be using a breaker on limestone anyway...:thumbsup: ....machine cut only.

thx Dave - i thought i heard limestone but could well have been wrong - but it was certainly light tiles and was causing some problems ref those marks - apparently hell to remove.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Probs unglazed through bodied porcelain and a rubber can remove them or use cardboard...any breaker with no foot protection will slightly mark certain tiles...but they are far and few between.:thumbsup:

H

hillhead

i walked into a tile shop last week,not my local and they had sigmas on offer with free sigma bodywarmers !! :yikes:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The rubi ts cutters are not up to scratch for the tiles im cutting these days , trust me i know because i had a ts70 plus but i got shot of it cos it just couldnt cope , the final straw was on a 60m2 floor using 60x30 porcs and the only way to snap the tiles was to smack the tile on the upturned scoring handle, get a sigma or a montolit but if you really have to get a rubi go for one with a moveable breaker...:thumbsup:

Reply to Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks