Discuss Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

borgie

Re: Best Tiler cutter

got to be the tx700 or 900. i have the 700 also ts 40 and 60.these days its all wet cutting. but on the odd job which i need a cutter its the tx700 that comes out, the 1000kg breaker is the mutts nuts!

B

burncross

Re: Best Tiler cutter

Hello and welcome...

The rubi tx700n is perfect for what you need....I have one and swear by it..

RUBI TX-700-N

tx700n.jpg

- Ideal for cutting: heavy duty porcelain
- Swiveling ruler makes diagonal cuts easy!
- Also suitable for cutting standard ceramic tiles
- Maximum cutting length: 28" (71cm)
- Will cut a 500 x 500 mm tile diagonally
- Cutting thickness: 1/4"-13/16" (6-20mm)
- Separator power: 2,204lb (1000kg)
- High performance moving breaking system
- Angular measuring system for 0-45° cutting
- Lateral stop for repetitive cuts - straight & 45°
- Direct vision of the scoring and cutting line
- Complete with shockproof case
- Includes 10mm & 18mm scoring wheels
- 5 year guarantee

Weight 22.2 kg

Click here for video of TX-N machine in action

TradeTiler.Ltd Rubi TX-N Manual Tile Cutters

:iagree: superb cutter!

M

myrubiateyoursigma

best part about the rubis are the wheels they have a wheel for every material in the world...i think

the push handle seems to be the best thing for the long term as well never realized the awkward tourque we put on our wrists with pull cuters til i switched to rubis

Last edited by a moderator:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
best part about the rubis are the wheels they have a wheel for every material in the world...i think

the push handle seems to be the best thing for the long term as well never realized the awkward tourque we put on our wrists with pull cuters til i switched to rubis
you can get push sigmas...:thumbsup:

B

bassman

Sure that the 700 is a super piece of kit I use Ti66 i know theres no case but dont dismiss it out of hand, a good piece of kit

F

fad

I've got a TS 50 plus which I find quite good but limited. Has anyone got a suggestion on cutting mosaics using a Rubi ( either stone or ceramic )

G

Grace'sDad

I've got a TS 50 plus which I find quite good but limited. Has anyone got a suggestion on cutting mosaics using a Rubi ( either stone or ceramic )

Yes - don't!

Get a montolit with the mosaic mat and you're laffing.
(The secret is the moveable breaker)

B

bighen

This is like the Subaru - Mitsubishi contest.

Anyhows I love my Tomecanic every day of the week......Eats Rubi i mean Mitsubishi lol

Subaru Rules:thumbsup:

G

Grace'sDad

I just picked up my Montoli P75 yesterday.
I wish I had it from day one now. It really is THAT good.
So mamy things are right about this cutter, I will try and make time to post a review and pics in the tools section some time this weekend.....!

D

david campbell

was always a huge fan of my sigma for years it was more reliable than the mrs,once you got the hang of the cutting line it was really easy to use,but compared to value for the big clinker another that is also really easy to use(very similar so not much time taken to get used to it) so at a fraction of the price i would opt for the big clinker!

Reply to Best Tile Cutter 2009? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks