Discuss Best reasonably priced mixer? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WetSaw

No need at all for a mixer. Just pop the lids off of the tubs of white star and start slapping down the 200m2 for the day. Scribe in one pocket and a box of matches in the other, they double up as spacers and to break the tile over once scribed ( and for lighting my Capstan full strength obviously)

P

Perfect Tiling

I've used SDS and cordless drills for mixing.
I've used Aldi / Lidl and Rubi mixers.
They all mix adhesive.
Some last a few days, some several years, but nothing mixes as well or as easily or as quickly as a proper mixer from a real manufacturer.
It's like comparing a Sigma cutter to a B&Q £15 cutter.
Both will cut tiles but.....

anyway, you get the picture.
I have the same drill and it weighs an absolute ton!
It's a good drill, but you must be a big fella to use it for mixing?!
Hi Impish........big enough to handle a decent sized tool.....6ft 3 and 15 stone. Setting this up warms me up before I start carrying the tiles into the house....this week its 22mm limestone slabs.....500mm x 650mm.....two at a time!!!!

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Belle 1600 going strong after 13 years on mostly contract work so it gets a serious amount of use.
I was told buy the guy selling it, always mix on low gear and start outside of the mix before plunge in the mix and it should last most of my working life.
I also know a guy who always uses a bicycle gear with pole screwed on and it works a treat

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve just gone cordless or is it wireless.
Anyway this will save me 2 seconds a day not having to plug in a lead.

Thanks Santa.

Although I find it struggles a bit on a whole bag...

3402C675-B7E8-40E1-9E63-ECA0DC99A715.jpeg

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the same one as Julian and mine is still going strong after a few years, I did have to sort the wire out tho where it goes into the mixer. Using 10 bags a day Julian ! No wonder your loaded
Are he wastes alot:D....

Mine that i use for addy was from ebay, 40 quid 6 yrs old, three paddles as clean them with a hammer.

Reply to Best reasonably priced mixer? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks