Discuss Best reasonably priced mixer? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

I had to get my old Rubi 9 out last week after leaving my eibenstock on another job. Honestly, it is utter rubbish compared to the eibenstock. Unwieldy and slow.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
For 10 solid years everything I've ever mixed including plaster, tile adhesive and slc has been with my 800w Bosch SDS. Only now is it making a whining noise but still going.

W

WetSaw

For 10 solid years everything I've ever mixed including plaster, tile adhesive and slc has been with my 800w Bosch SDS. Only now is it making a whining noise but still going.

That's what I used to use too. You'll be surprised how much easier and faster it is with a proper mixer.

P

Perfect Tiling

Don't buy a mixer!!!!! Iv'e got a Titan SDS plus 240volt drill from Screwfix.....cost me £49 and now it costs just £69. It has plenty of power.....variable speed....2 year warranty and can also be used to drill big holes or remove floor tiles with its chisel setting. It comes with a 12mm chuck so will take plain shank paddles. Iv'e been using mine now for mixing and removing tiles for around 9 years and wouldn't hesitate to get another one the same when it packs in.

O

One Day

I've used SDS and cordless drills for mixing.
I've used Aldi / Lidl and Rubi mixers.
They all mix adhesive.
Some last a few days, some several years, but nothing mixes as well or as easily or as quickly as a proper mixer from a real manufacturer.
It's like comparing a Sigma cutter to a B&Q £15 cutter.
Both will cut tiles but.....

anyway, you get the picture.

O

One Day

Don't buy a mixer!!!!! Iv'e got a Titan SDS plus 240volt drill from Screwfix.....cost me £49 and now it costs just £69. It has plenty of power.....variable speed....2 year warranty and can also be used to drill big holes or remove floor tiles with its chisel setting. It comes with a 12mm chuck so will take plain shank paddles. Iv'e been using mine now for mixing and removing tiles for around 9 years and wouldn't hesitate to get another one the same when it packs in.

I have the same drill and it weighs an absolute ton!
It's a good drill, but you must be a big fella to use it for mixing?!

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used SDS and cordless drills for mixing.
I've used Aldi / Lidl and Rubi mixers.
They all mix adhesive.
Some last a few days, some several years, but nothing mixes as well or as easily or as quickly as a proper mixer from a real manufacturer.
It's like comparing a Sigma cutter to a B&Q £15 cutter.
Both will cut tiles but.....

anyway, you get the picture.

What do you mean nothing mixes as well? It either mixes or it doesn’t. My Mikita has been going about 3 years now, changed the brushes once, cost £70. I’m on sites all day so don’t have the luxury of power. (Even when I do the only thing I hook up is my grinder)
I have to carry enough tools around with me without lumping a bloody mixer as well.
I guess it’s different for private tilers, late starts, lazy lunch breaks, early finishes, spin out the job to account for the cost, guess carrying a mixer in, uncoiling it, plugging it in, all adds a bit of wastage time.:wink::wink::wink:

S

Spare Tool

What do you mean nothing mixes as well? It either mixes or it doesn’t. My Mikita has been going about 3 years now, changed the brushes once, cost £70. I’m on sites all day so don’t have the luxury of power. (Even when I do the only thing I hook up is my grinder)
I have to carry enough tools around with me without lumping a bloody mixer as well.
I guess it’s different for private tilers, late starts, lazy lunch breaks, early finishes, spin out the job to account for the cost, guess carrying a mixer in, uncoiling it, plugging it in, all adds a bit of wastage time.:wink::wink::wink:
Bit of a sweeping statement.. How can you say setting up a mixing station is just to drag a job out, a dedicated mixer will actually save you time over the course of a job ;)

B

Blunt Tool

I mostly do private work, no late start, maybe a tea break and dinner but probably no more than half an hour a day tops, stick to quote most jobs even when things go pear shaped thru no fault of my own, quote , carry out works to an agreed time limit and must always keep in mind when I need to be at another job and when other trades can follow! I also need to work clean, lay dust sheets upstairs downstairs everyday and tidy up every night.
And I Still find time to mix a full bag of adhesive with the correct amount of water with a purpose built mixer to the correct consistency of manufacturers recommendation, I even find time to clean the bloody thing!!
I’ve yet to find a drill/driver that can mix a full bag on high speed without being powder and lumpy and that’s just one bag and I’ve got Bosch professional 5 amps full kit.

O

One Day

You've been spying on me?! :eek:

Reply to Best reasonably priced mixer? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks