• Tile Adhesive

Adhesive Best mould resistant silicone

Discuss Best mould resistant silicone in the Tile Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.co.uk

Jrterror

Hi.
I'm just wondering, in your experience which are the best mould resistant silicone sealants?
I used one to sort the tired silicone in our shower about six months ago and already it has a speck of mould, so I don't want that to happen with the brand new shower that I'm installing.

So, have you guys ever gone back to jobs and found that silicones you have used are still looking great, even year laters?

If so, which ones?
Ta

OP
J

Jrterror

Hi. Grey.
Whilst here. Should I silicone all corners and areas where the tiles meet the tray first and then grout. Or visa versa

Bathfix Bob

Professional Tiler
I use Dow corning for white, colours are usually Mapei or Ultra.
I tried BAL silicone the other week and found it really sticky to use I didn't like it but it may well be the best anti mould one.

OP
J

Jrterror

Hi.
Do you mean before tiling, fill the gap between the walls and the tray. If so, already done.
Out of curiosity, why grout first. What's the idea behind the particular process

thanks again

OP
J

Jrterror

Thanks for your input.
Would you not say that silicone around the edges of the shower area are not so much a 'finishing touch', but instead the primary method of sealing the abutments of the wet area.i.e. corners and where tiles meet the tray.

Umm, really interesting. I'm day looking at a shower now, and I wonder if if grouting first, being careful to not spill into corners and where tray meets tiles would be wiser, just as you say.

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]