Discuss Best blade for mirrored metro tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

JON HUME

Help please, what’s the best blade for a wet cutter that will cut mirrored metros?? Got a Rubi wet or a Vitrex wet cutter but need a blade that won’t chip them??
Also is it best to use a powder adhesive as I have been told that Mapei do a silicone that is suitable?
The customer has already stuck a handful of them up using a Bal powder adhesive.
Many thanks, Jon

D

Dumbo

Yes use powdered adhesive as readymix can attack the back of the tile (mirror ) as for silicone use a low modulus silicone as this will attack the back of the tile also . Sorry can't help with blade .

J

JON HUME

Thanks, not sure what size blade I have off the top of my head but I’ll look in to the Vitrex tone. Thanks

T

Tile Shop

Re fixing materials, i personally never advise anything other than epoxy adhesive. Seen too many bad reactions and failures with cement based and ready mixed adhesives.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Could anyone suggest a retailer and brand for a 150mm disc - I will be cutting ceramics mainly.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Adey - thanks for the suggestion

Feedback for others was:

I would recommend the Marcrist CK 750. This is a continuous blade that will give a nice clean cut on most tiles. It is better if you can cut wet but it can also be used dry.

Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices for Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/marcrist-diamond-blades/marcrist-ck750-long-life-premium-range

Or if you can use a 115mm blade I would recommend the PREMTOOL Turbo Fastline blade. This is to be used dry and will give you a nice clean cut and should be a faster cut but is only available in 115mm.

PREMTOOL Turbo Fastline 115mm x 22.2mm Diamond Blade TUR115 | Buy Diamond Blades (Tiling) Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/product/premtool-turbo-fastline-115mm-x-22-2mm-diamond-blade-tur115
If you did want to use a grinder the PREMTOOL will be one of the best for that and will also give a nice cut, it won’t last as long as the CK 750 because of how thin it is, you also need to be careful when putting the grinder down with this style blade as they are fragile due to how thin they are but that is what gives them such a good cut.

T

Tile Shop

Recent example of using cement based adhesive with mirrors:
mirror vs cement 1.jpg mirror vs cement 2.jpg mirror vs cement 3.jpg mirror vs cement 4.jpg

D

Dumbo

Last lot of coloured back glass tiles I did I phoned the name of the manufacturer on the box .( I think they were just a wholesaler) and they couldn't tell me what to use and told me to phone adhesive manufacturer.

J

JON HUME

Yes use powdered adhesive as readymix can attack the back of the tile (mirror ) as for silicone use a low modulus silicone as this will attack the back of the tile also . Sorry can't help with blade .

Thanks, yes I’ve picked up a Vitrex blade and Topps Tiles have supplied a suitable powdered adhesive. Thanks for your help.

J

JON HUME

Thanks all, I’ve picked up a Vitrex glass blade and Topps Tiles have supplied a suitable powdered adhesive. Thanks for all your help and fingers crossed for Monday!

Reply to Best blade for mirrored metro tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks