Discuss Best adhesive for marble tiles with UFH in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile_novice

Hi guys,

Any opinion on the best adhesive used with wet UFH for marble tiles?
Also any advice on tiling over an existing porcelein floor with electric UFH - did want to rip it up and start fresh but the tiled surface is very solid, so felt tiling straight over would be good (and wouldn't have to get new UFH). Opinions would be appreciated - I know the flat surface may make adhesion difficult, have thought about scoring the surface of the existing tiles.

Thanks in advance.

H

hmtiling

For the marble you'll want a decoupling membrane or a crack mat at least and use an s1 white rapid or semi rapid.
For over tiling porcelain prime with a mechanical grip primer like isomat supergrund and I'd go s1 again. Providing floor is sound

T

Tile_novice

For the marble you'll want a decoupling membrane or a crack mat at least and use an s1 white rapid or semi rapid.
For over tiling porcelain prime with a mechanical grip primer like isomat supergrund and I'd go s1 again. Providing floor is sound
Many thanks for that I do appreciate it - would a decoupling membrane be needed even if using a backer board like Hardie? Also I always thought that a slow setting flexi adhesive would be used - could you enlighten me on why rapid or semi rapid would be used (you’re far more experienced then a DIy’er like myself so I appreciate your insight).
Thank you for the advice on Porcelein - have you tiled over existing UFH tiled surface before?

Thanks

H

hmtiling

Many thanks for that I do appreciate it - would a decoupling membrane be needed even if using a backer board like Hardie? Also I always thought that a slow setting flexi adhesive would be used - could you enlighten me on why rapid or semi rapid would be used (you’re far more experienced then a DIy’er like myself so I appreciate your insight).
Thank you for the advice on Porcelein - have you tiled over existing UFH tiled surface before?

Thanks
Are these both timber floors?

T

Tile_novice

Are these both timber floors?
Its funny you mention that - its another debate im having at present! At present its a suspended timber floor with the insulation, UFH pipes covered in 50mm screed. Debating on whether to cover it in 18mm WBP ply then hardie board, or whether to do a layer of 12mm hardie board, followed by 6mm hardie board then tile straight on to it (may put decoupling membrane on top of final hardie board layer). These are all options at present but im open to suggestions.

Reply to Best adhesive for marble tiles with UFH in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks