Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bedding out a mosaic border in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I came up with this idea about 18 months ago and have only just got round to making it. The original one I made was metal and marked the field tiles so I found some suitable components in plastic. It's a bit crude but, does the job well. The white handle is a pan scraper and the red attachments are spatulas normally used for applying car body filler, lol! There are 4 different sizes 50/75/100 and 125mm, I cut 3mm notches in the 50mm one I used today. The depth is adjustable depending on the thickness of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ that is required. I was going to try and make and sell them but, I was in B&Q the other day and they have something similar so it turns out its not a new idea, either that or they pinched my idea somehow!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373476938.148585.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373476953.665281.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373476963.783057.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373476975.817184.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373476938.148585.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373477006.253717.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373477017.176233.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373477033.379232.jpg

OP
M

Mr T

I wouldnt mind a couple of those mate been as I never recieved the free schluter kit lol!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nice one Bri - hope you're gonna hoover that carpet before the customer gets home :lol:

OP
I

Ian

Lol quick question bri why the walls first mate?

I always do the floor last when possible just so I'm not walking all over it while I'm doing the walls. On this occasion I couldn't do the floor first even if I'd wanted to because the plumber still had some pipe work to do under the floorboards for the towel warmer.

OP
I

Ian

Could be all sorts of reason could even be bri's prefference lol :ban:

Did you mean why the walls before the floor or why did I put the border in last? I might have answered a question that you didn't ask!

OP
G

Gazzer

Did you mean why the walls before the floor or why did I put the border in last? I might have answered a question that you didn't ask!

But who mentioned floor tile ?
The thread is about the dog tooth method.

OP
M

Mr T

Nope ya got it in one mate lol... Just wa wondering what the reason was. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the floor hadnt been tiled in one of the pics thats why I asked lol

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nope ya got it in one mate lol... Just wa wondering what the reason was. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the floor hadnt been tiled in one of the pics thats why I asked lol

That was the carpet he's got to hoover, you can't whack carpet in a bathroom :lol:

Reply to Bedding out a mosaic border in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock