Discuss Battipav VIP 2110 Radial Tile Saw 110V/50Hz in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

Spud

I need a new cutter 110,to cut stone 20 mm tick. Is this cutter strong enough to 800x800 ?
Trimline are doing good deals on battipav prime and supreme cutters at the moment they are really good stone saws Ed the VIP are good but the supreme and prime are more powerful

B

Bill

That Raimondi Pikus looks like a top machine, also the Brooklyn is a superb workhorse.

I

Italy

Ahah

images (10).jpg

L

LM

Tiling has gone mad, I remember thinking to myself many moons ago when I bought my first Sigma 10M that it should cover pretty much anything I'd need to do :eek:o_O

O

One Day

Tiling has gone mad, I remember thinking to myself many moons ago when I bought my first Sigma 10M that it should cover pretty much anything I'd need to do :eek:o_O

I just thought the exact same! Mad!
Yet if you are tasked with cutting tiles at ÂŁ2000 a piece, you have to have the kit.
A retailer near me has a 10mm multi-layered, glass-glazed, jewel-embedded tile at 3.2 x 1.6m at ÂŁ2000 a piece.
Would I be happy cutting it?!

O

Old Mod

Yet if you are tasked with cutting tiles at ÂŁ2000 a piece, you have to have the kit.
A retailer near me has a 10mm multi-layered, glass-glazed, jewel-embedded tile at 3.2 x 1.6m at ÂŁ2000 a piece.

You'd love it Mark! :):thumbsup:

L

LM

So the obvious dilemma is, how much do you charge to stay on the right side of things and cover yourself? I know you can't answer that question but it's what I'm thinking!

O

Old Mod

So the obvious dilemma is, how much do you charge to stay on the right side of things and cover yourself? I know you can't answer that question but it's what I'm thinking!
There's a surprising amount of people I've spoken to Lee that insist that you need to cover yourself for breakages.
Saying that is easy, charging it, not so much.
But then if a client can afford ÂŁ2000 a tile, they can generally afford a similar fixing fee, don't mean they want to pay it tho haha
Takes a lot of nerve to push the boundaries on fixing charges sometimes, I'm getting better at it tho :rolleyes:

L

LM

I know what you mean Marc, but the way I look at it is why price it that you may leave yourself exposed. It's a tough one. A tile may break even lifting it due to a weakness, imagine a customer accusing you in that situation. Do manufacturers start offering fitter based insurance policies or something or do their tiles become too exspensive for us to want to fit?

O

Old Mod

I know what you mean Marc, but the way I look at it is why price it that you may leave yourself exposed. It's a tough one. A tile may break even lifting it due to a weakness, imagine a customer accusing you in that situation. Do manufacturers start offering fitter based insurance policies or something or do their tiles become too exspensive for us to want to fit?
It is a dilemma mate, for sure.
I've got some 3m x 1.5m next week.
All cut down to fit complete walls and floors in one piece.
Obviously cutting room is downstairs, then they've got to be transported up two floors to be fitted.
And this is a property in London. Not a big swanky purpose built house in a middle of a field with wide open spaces.
Staircase's are steep and narrow and so on.
Won't deny I'm a little apprehensive.
Wouldn't dream of moving stuff like that without frames and so on, it gives piece of mind.
But they've also got to be paid for, not bloody cheap.

L

LM

I liked that because I appreciate the challenge your facing not the fact that you have one. Good luck with that I hope you have it priced well and have a competent team on hand :thumbsup:

O

Old Mod

Simple. I would want a spare.
I liked that because I appreciate the challenge your facing not the fact that you have one. Good luck with that I hope you have it priced well and have a competent team on hand :thumbsup:
its actually a decent daywork price for one of the larger tiling companies in London Lee, and I'm assured they have my back, even if I have an accident! :confused::)
Competent team? Ask me afterwards! Haha

W

WetSaw

Obviously cutting room is downstairs, then they've got to be transported up two floors to be fitted.
And this is a property in London. Not a big swanky purpose built house in a middle of a field with wide open spaces.
Wouldn't dream of moving stuff like that without frames and so on, it gives piece of mind.

Please remember that JOTM winners cannot enter again for 6 months.....

L

LM

its actually a decent daywork price for one of the larger tiling companies in London Lee, and I'm assured they have my back, even if I have an accident! :confused::)
Competent team? Ask me afterwards! Haha
Please keep us up to date with it anyway Marc.

OP
Simons70

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
The Same nightmare, cutting down and up two floors.
2.4 x 1.5,10 mm thick is a really hard to cut, I try with all tools I have and back to the IMG_2798.JPG grinder for not a risk to break. IMG_2796.JPG IMG_2808.JPG IMG_2799.JPG IMG_2809.JPG

Reply to Battipav VIP 2110 Radial Tile Saw 110V/50Hz in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer