Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Batons, levels, trackers in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
hello lovely people,

I currently use spirit levels with holes drilled in either end to secure to the wall to start my tiles from. However this is crap if I’ve tanked the area as I’m compromising the tanking. Same with timber batons.

What are your views on the adjustable tile trackers? Vitrex and Suretile do them.

Are there any other non destructive ways to baton out the first row of tiles? Espesially by the bath/shower tray?

Cheers

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
you could try
upload_2018-9-16_10-42-0.jpeg

G

GoneGuy

I’ve got two sets of Rubi baton stands, I also use off cuts of tiles to prop up batons.
When I upgrade my spirit levels I use the old ones for batons

F

Flintstone

I use the floor like Andy, I start with the cuts then work up. If I need to prop a row I will cut a strip of tile to size

W

Waluigi

I tend to knock a straight edge into the wall, or level.

If it’s passing across tanking then I still bang a nail in. Then pop a bit more tanking over the hole before I tile.

If you’re worried about the tanking then cut a piece of batten between your straight edge and the top of the shower tray/Bath/wet Dec etc.

Reply to Batons, levels, trackers in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock