Discuss Batons, levels, trackers in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not always though surely? i'm doing a hexagon mosaic floor at the moment and I certainly won't put the bottom course in before the floor.

Must admit I’ve not used batons in years. I tile floor first then cut my first row in.

Reaction score
It’s not the fact that it is a small cut necessarily, it’s sticking out like a sore thumb. You can’t honestly say that is the best you could do.

Honestly, I’m not a Tiler myself but I started doing tiling jobs not far off 30 years ago as a Plumbers apprentice and hand on heart, I know I didnt walk away from a job looking like that.

I did however tile directly onto plasterboard in showers, with ready mixed so I was in no way perfect.

You need to up your game a bit, because you can’t leave stuff like that. Just being honest.

i guess starting from a full tile on the left window would sort this out also in turn would sort the slivers on the boxing

also would drop the right window down to a 1/3 of a tile ish and then adjust the top side with a bit of dot and dabbing to acceptable a full tile ??????

Reply to Batons, levels, trackers in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks