Discuss Bathroom/Wet room ex Garage in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Onecut

Hi Guys
Well after many months my new bathroom/wet room has tiles on the walls to almost the floor and looking pretty good.
I purchased a tanking kit as the floor is concrete and was going to make as plinth and to tile on as I needed to get the fall right for the drainage which was about 3ft away though the wall and outside.
However I found a drainpipe where the sink is going to be and released that if i put a slight slope on the floor tiles to the drain which is about 4 maybe 5 ft away i wont need to make a plinth for the tanking kit as it is a solid concrete floor which was a garage now going to be a guest room with a shower.
as i don't have to think about leaks etc what are your thoughts or experience as i am almost ready to tile the floor with or without the plinth
Cheers
onecut.

B

Blunt Tool

If you already have the tanking kit and you don't need a plinth, why not use it to tank all floor if it isn't big and tank perimeter upto last wall tile using the tapes so that you are marrying walls onto floor.

O

Onecut

Hi Thanks for getting back the area is 10 sq mtrs
The kit included a piece if foam angled to a hole ples a drain plug anx a large tin of something

B

Blunt Tool

Get some web (scrim) tape, the stuff you use on joints in plasterboard before plastering. You can get it in diy shops. Go around the perimeter of floor, the half that shower is in 5sq metres, half on wall, half on floor, its sticky! Then paint on tanking as instructions normally 2 coats on floor and wall and get right into web tape on thick! Should be enough to do that.

Reply to Bathroom/Wet room ex Garage in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks