Discuss Bathroom tiling dot and dab in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi I need some help I am having my bathroom tiled onto plaster board my tiler has put them on with dot and dab 45x90 tiles is this ok and also puting underfloor heating mat down with 45x90 tiles dot and dab my understanding it should be total coverage on floor tiles.
The pic is one of the tiles that was loose and he redone it today I queried dot and dab on the floor but he said it is because of the underfloor heating.
Any help appreciated
20190301_112609.jpg

Reaction score
Thought so I haven't been in while he was doing the tiling here are some photos of the back of the wall tiles their is a big gap between tile and wall.
20190302_062250.jpg
20190302_062351.jpg
20190302_062357.jpg
20190302_062410.jpg
20190302_062445.jpg

W

WetSaw

If you have any spare tiles try holding one above your head. Then imagine the extra weight of the adhesive. Then imagine that falling on you while you're in the bath.
It all needs to be stripped and started again. Voids caused by air gaps around the ufh will cause it to fail as well.

Q

Qwerty

It is all condemned. It has been fitted with no regard to British Standards. It is shoddy, dangerous and needs ripping out. Sorry :(

Reaction score
Yes and this bathroom fitters was the most expensive qoute as I have seen his work that looks good but haven't seen the other side of tiles until now .
I take it all tiles should be all in contact with adhesive as I have looked up buttered is the saying.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Where did you get the tiler / cowboy from..?
Dose he rate himself as a tiler, builder or a do everything ( badly) multi trader..?
Did you get more than one quote..?
Was he the cheapest....?

Reaction score
No he wasn't the cheapest but most expensive of the 3 qoutes i had but it was the bathroom fitter I picked and the tiler works for him.

Reply to Bathroom tiling dot and dab in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks