Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom start to finish in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
LOL made sure it was bullet proof but..... in the unlikely event that access is needed, a fitted wardrobe in the spare bedroom backs on to the bath wall, and I will burrow my way in through there !!

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Okay still got the doors to trim but final bit from me done IMG_0657.JPG
just sparky to sort lights

Last edited:
OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So started rip out in the ensuite today. Tiles didn't come off anywhere near as sweetly as in the bathroom (well not in shower area).

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So today finally got the 2 bathroom doors trimmed and hung and fitted a couple of bits to the walls. (there's new things everyday that appear and need drilling and fixing :mad:

In the ensuite I've been studding, spragging and making a start on the shower plumbing. Once pb is damaged on metal studding there's just no strength there and it's the only way to go in my opinion. Needed to borrow some room on the RH side for valve placement anyway and I'll nick it back off the LH side when I get that studded tomorrow.

The tray is a crappy foam/plastic one - I did tell them to get a stone resin. Old tray was on a huge riser kit but the fall to the waste is fine for a floor mount so they'll be happy with that.

IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0680.JPG

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
First fix plumbing, studding, boarding and tray in.

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Really pleased with how these 2 turned out.
Natural light from a window really makes a difference and the ensuite is my favourite - think they should have gone for the same toilet/basin unit in the main bathroom though.

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

25a.JPG

25b.JPG

26.JPG

27.JPG

28.JPG

28a.JPG

29.JPG

30.JPG

31.JPG

32.JPG

33.JPG

34.JPG

35.JPG

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Hi. I notice you use clips and spacers - with some rotated for a smaller gap - is that to just to get a better final finish?

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I work to a laser line Julian and make tiny adjustments to grout joints if necessary. Spacer in sideways ever so slightly narrows the joint and I usually use wedges if I need to add a little.

O

Old Mod

Looks bloody smart Nick, clean and sharp as always mate.
Just gotta ditch the trim and mitre those externals, lift it to the next level. :):thumbsup:

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Totally agree Marc
I’ll have to practice at home if I ever get any down time. I can imagine me taking way too long and I’ve been playing catch up since before Xmas.

Reply to Bathroom start to finish in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock