Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom Prep Help - Skimmed Walls in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
How’s that being critical?

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be critical jcr far from it & I'm certainly not bothered if the person is a tiler or not that made the quote all I did was re-quote what they said that all

D

Dumbo

Write this all I'm going to write and go figure . He is saying and I can't remember his exact wording but the general tone is . The problem is anyone can pick up a trowel and set up a business and go tile . Now that to me sounds like he is being critical of the situation in this country about some of the building trades . Now that's the critical bit . I am now going to introduce a new word that is hypocrite but he has done exactly what he is being critical about .

D

Dumbo

I wasn't trying to be critical jcr far from it & I'm certainly not bothered if the person is a tiler or not that made the quote all I did was re-quote what they said that all
I wasn't referring to you I was referring to the person who's quote you repeated.

D

Dumbo

Don't misunderstand me I'm not saying he is wrong , it's just strange that such a person should make that point .
I am not also saying he is right .

W

Waluigi

Here’s the original post :-

I guess it’s the way it is in this country where you can go out and buy a tub of ready mixed and a trowel and then register yourself as a business and start trading.

Incidentally, if anyone cares, I spent the beginning of my career as an employee, working for a Bathroom Company. Working alongside Plumbers, Tilers and indeed plasterers. For ten years. I then started my business as a Bathroom installer which has been running for 17 years.

D

Dumbo

It's the individuals right to have an opinion this is what makes mankind if that's the correct word different:D
I don't have a problem with someone having an opinion in fact I like a discussion as sometimes you learn something and as Cyril Smith the mp once said there is one thing a person who changes his mind can say and that he is cleverer than he was yesterday , bu surely someone should stand by their opinion .

Reply to Bathroom Prep Help - Skimmed Walls in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock