Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom design, supply and install in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi everyone, just joined after a link about the changes to BS regarding tile onto ply wood walls sent me here

OP
O

Old Mod

Any chance you would tell us a bit about yourself
Mr Walugi from the U.K.?
It’s nice to know who our active members are. :)

OP
W

Waluigi

It sounds like a few members behind the scenes are wondering who the hell this new guy is......

Absolutely, I can tell you more about myself. Anything in particular you’d like to know? The thread title says it all really. Bathroom Design, Supply and Install. On a one man band basis. tile is nothing as magnificent as some of the stuff I’ve seen on here. Just your average tile really.

Oh, I enjoy gardening.

Actually I’m enjoying this forum. It seems mature, sensible discussions.

Anything else you’d like to know then please ask.

OP
O

Old Mod

It sounds like a few members behind the scenes are wondering who the hell this new guy is......

Absolutely, I can tell you more about myself. Anything in particular you’d like to know? The thread title says it all really. Bathroom Design, Supply and Install. On a one man band basis. tile is nothing as magnificent as some of the stuff I’ve seen on here. Just your average tile really.

Oh, I enjoy gardening.

Actually I’m enjoying this forum. It seems mature, sensible discussions.

Anything else you’d like to know then please ask.
Sorry to burst your bubble :)
There’s no behind the scenes discussion going on, it’s very rare that kind of thing goes on unless you’re a complete arse! :p
It’s just my nosey personality, and desire to actually know who I am talking with that’s all.

What would be my top 3 things to know?

Probably name, location and years in the industry.
1. I struggle to understand why someone would choose to hide their Christian name, and I find usernames very impersonal.
Family name, that I get, whole heartedly.
(Yes my username makes that a hypocritical statement, but anyone whose been on here for more than 5 mins knows my name.)
2. Personally I like to know roughly where guys hail from, mainly because it restricts the amount of general help you can give. Whether it be suggesting a supplier in a certain area or what products are even available around there, all the way up to offering to pop over and give someone a lift if they need it.
For example if you needed an industry ‘professional’ to visit, no point me suggesting Gary from Glasgow if you’re in Devon. :D
3. Knowing or having an idea on someone’s time in the industry and experience level, helps determine the level of advice our members will offer.
Nothing worse than offering words of advice to find that you’ve wasted your precious time and energy helping out when all that was needed one sentence, not chapter and verse, but I’m a chapter and verse kinda person so you’re out of luck with me anyway. :D:p

I’m glad you’re finding it enjoyable here, it will border on addictive if you don’t take a step back very now and then. Haha

OP
W

Waluigi

1. Andy
2. Surrey
3. 26 years

I think forums lend themselves well to people naturally choosing a username instead of the users real name.

I have absolutely nothing to hide.

The reason I mentioned that people might be asking who I am is become the moment I said my opinion on something on the forum that someone disagreed with, a question was then asked who I am. I tend to pick up on these things. As I said, nothing to hide. I’ve only got things to gain from browsing this forum.

I completely understand why people would be wary of me. I can tell you hand on heart I’ve never been on this forum before. I just tend to go all out when I discover something new. I’ll probably ease off at some point. I have been a prolific poster on forums before but never a specific tile forum.

OP
O

Old Mod

1. Andy
2. Surrey
3. 26 years

I think forums lend themselves well to people naturally choosing a username instead of the users real name.

I have absolutely nothing to hide.

The reason I mentioned that people might be asking who I am is become the moment I said my opinion on something on the forum that someone disagreed with, a question was then asked who I am. I tend to pick up on these things. As I said, nothing to hide. I’ve only got things to gain from browsing this forum.

I completely understand why people would be wary of me. I can tell you hand on heart I’ve never been on this forum before. I just tend to go all out when I discover something new. I’ll probably ease off at some point. I have been a prolific poster on forums before but never a specific tile forum.

Appreciate your candour Andy (not another bloody Andy:rolleyes:)
You can be as prolific as you like. :D
I get your point about names. Obviously I do, I don’t use mine. :p
And I was generalising, not being specific.
Surrey, that’s my neck of the woods also.

Oh and I’ve not read the post where you were quizzed yet, had no idea.

When all said and doneAndy, it’s good to have you here, until it’s not! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::thumbsup:

Reply to Bathroom design, supply and install in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock