Discuss Bath shower tile adhesive and grout in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

kevoffthetee

afternoon all, I'm hoping for a little advice for tiling above my bath. its a new brick and block extension and the plasterer has dot n dabbed.

Since I've always had house which were properly plastered I havent mounted the bath onto the wall yet due to panicing about moisture, although I've tanked the walls using the ARdex kit from CTD.

Would it be overkill to use a powershower adhesive and seperate grout? what brands would anyone recommend to a good DIYer other than mainstream mapei, bostik A200 etc

I like the idea of the bostik A200 range as its labelled as powershower but is that jsut a marketing gimmick

thanks

Kev

G

GoneGuy

For wet areas I would recommend using a powder bag adhesive and also use standard set as you won’t waste any

K

kevoffthetee

thanks for the quick reply. should I also use powdered grout or ready mix or does it not matter? are there any that are more water repellent or mould resistant? out of ease and laziness I was looking at Mapei range at screwfix but obviously it has to be right so would rather buy the right stuff

G

GoneGuy

I would use powdered grout as well.
Also stick with well known brands ( not b&q etc own brands)
What tiles are you fixing

G

GoneGuy

I use Mapei ultracolor grout a lot,
For that size tile you would have to use a bagged ( powder) adhesive, also make sure you back butter the tiles to ensure full coverage.

W

Waluigi

have ready mixed adhesives actually advanced much in 15 years? That’s probably the last time I bought a tub. I remember white star being pretty good and Ardex D20

W

Waluigi

Agree with Adey in terms of slow set powdered and powdered grout. A pro wouldn’t consider anything less and neither should a DIYer.

T

Time's Ran Out

Ready mixed for ceramic only and no bigger than 30x30!

Keep asking questions because you need as much help as you can get.

Reply to Bath shower tile adhesive and grout in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks