Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Tile Adhesive

Discuss BAL rapid flex 1 White in the Adhesive and Grout Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. callatiler

callatiler Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

25EF052C-0D49-4351-B278-A604924E648E.jpeg New BAL rapid flex 1 white adhesive, used last week on a bathroom floor where needed to be back up and running by end of day as only toilet in house. On offer at CTD just now at a really good price it really was lovely stuff to work with, really creamy no lumps, very spreadable onto floor and tile, wet and great suction. Dried within an hour and could grout after 3 hours. Very solid once dry and no slump. I was informed by CTD that BAL will be cutting back on products that do similar tasks and will concentrate on one for all fast set and same for standard sets which in turn should keep price very competitive as more volume available, so will see. If you need a good reliable fast set that’s good to work with then give it a go. Nice to be praising BAL about one of their products!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rookery

Rookery Professional Tiler

I've always considered BAL adhesives to be good, if a little pricey. A good idea in my view to reduce the number of similar products. I wonder if they'll have another go at making Micromax2 any better?

• Like Like x 1
  3. callatiler

Would be good to see BAL raising it game again, a lot of tilers including myself learned our trade with their products.

4. Tony_C

Tony_C Active Member

was supplied with this the last couple weeks on a few floors, was easy enough to work with, still got a couple bags left over and i think that's what we will be supplied with going forward it seems

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheAofT

TheAofT Active Member

Like working time of the product and fibre reinforced as well.
    Will be using at this price.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wishiwasatoptiler

Wishiwasatoptiler I'm either plastered or out on the tiles Professional Tiler

Used this myself last week. Was nice to use and easy mixing to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wrighty

wrighty Professional Tiler

Is this the replacement for Bal PTB?

• Like Like x 1
  8. callatiler

Similar but don’t think so, an S1 fast set but still think they will do ptb for stone with upto 25mm bed.

9. Paul C.

Paul C. Professional Tiler

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. AOS TIling

AOS TIling Active Member

I’ve used it and it meets the quality that I’d expect from BAL ...... but it’s not White like previous products, more a sandstone colour. What surprises me is that BAL no longer offer an S1 Rapid Set Flex in Grey. This is a massive own goal for BAL and a very odd decision

11. Rookery

Have they stopped doing Supercover? That was a Grey Rapid set S1 wasn't it?

12. AOS TIling

AOS TIling Active Member

Now there’s a solution . They never suggested it when I called them but it’s still on their site. Thanks

13. Rookery

No problem Andrew, long time no see btw.

• Like Like x 1