Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Schluter and U

Discuss BAL Prime APD on Cement Board - Dilute or Not? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. schismatic

schismatic Active Member

I’m about to tank Hardie Backer cement boards using the BAL WP1 waterproofing kit. I’m a bit confused with the Prime APD. Should I just paint this straight on, undiluted, or should I be diluting at all? If I do need to dilute, what proportions?

Cheers.

2. Andystiletiling

Andystiletiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

One undiluted coat will be fine before tanking..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Waluigi

Waluigi Top Contributor

Screeded floors need diluting 1:1 but I remember Bal being a bit funny with their installation instructions regarding WP1. At the stage at which I stopped using their system, they wanted you to skim the Tile backer board with tile adhesive and priming/tanking once dry.

This was ten + years ago so might be worth contacting their tech team. They’re usually very good.

4. schismatic

schismatic Active Member

Probably best if I ring them to get a proper answer, but I suspect that dilution will be required as the boards are cement-based.

5. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Diluted 1:1 but as hardibacker is SO absorbant, I'd suggest 2 coats.