Discuss Bal or tilemaster ??quartz in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

The need for an s2? You don't have to tell me. I'm not the tile police luckily for some
why not, belt and braces i use what i trust did his partners house with same addy 3 years a go still solid as a rock was a jura cream lime stone

H

hmtiling

why not, belt and braces i use what i trust did his partners house with same addy 3 years a go still solid as a rock was a jura cream lime stone
I wouldn't put myself through the hassle of cleaning up everything after every mix. I wouldn't use rapid unless need be and certainly not s2 unless required.
I think most on here will have done floors in C2 that have lasted just as long so why the extra expense and labour?

Reaction score
The tiles are 93% quartz resin . It’s on concrete large kitchen floor . NO Ufh .
Was going to use uncoupling matting as well .
There is sliding patio door , don’t know how much direct sunlight comes in and for how long I’ll just have to pass on this advice to the customer and let them make their own mind up maybe they can install automatic blinds.

Hi Chris, Tilemaster Ultimate would be a suitable adhesive for your intended installation.

Tilemaster Ultimate is suitable for installing quartz tiles due to it's polymer content and its low water content.

As other members have mentioned previously, the S2 properties aren't needed in your particular installation, however the low water content is something that is important when installing quartz tiles.

The premise of the product is not dis-similar to a two-part adhesive, its just that our water comes from the tap instead of the bottle of liquid.

From experience, direct sunlight can have an affect on these type of tile, so it would be best to inform the customer to try and protect them where possible - not always easy and it may never be a problem but it's better to give the customer the information so they're aware.

I hope that helps.

H

hmtiling

Hi Chris, Tilemaster Ultimate would be a suitable adhesive for your intended installation.

Tilemaster Ultimate is suitable for installing quartz tiles due to it's polymer content and its low water content.

As other members have mentioned previously, the S2 properties aren't needed in your particular installation, however the low water content is something that is important when installing quartz tiles.

The premise of the product is not dis-similar to a two-part adhesive, its just that our water comes from the tap instead of the bottle of liquid.

From experience, direct sunlight can have an affect on these type of tile, so it would be best to inform the customer to try and protect them where possible - not always easy and it may never be a problem but it's better to give the customer the information so they're aware.

I hope that helps.
Hi Mark.
I seem to remember you saying this a while back but when asked if it's guaranteed there was no response. I understand there's many factors why these tiles can fail and a lot of cheap quartz on the market but can you guarantee it won't curl using ultimate?

Reaction score
Afternoon,

The answer to your question is yes - we will guarantee that the quartz tile won't curl when using Ultimate. As you have rightly said, there are so many variations of product out there and different factors that can cause an issue with the tile, but using Tilemaster Ultimate alone will not cause the tile to curl.

D

Dumbo

Afternoon,

The answer to your question is yes - we will guarantee that the quartz tile won't curl when using Ultimate. As you have rightly said, there are so many variations of product out there and different factors that can cause an issue with the tile, but using Tilemaster Ultimate alone will not cause the tile to curl.
That does not give me much confidence as it sounds like you have a raft of excuses ready if it does curl

Reaction score
Tilemaster Adhesives have been using Ultimate for around 10 years for installing quartz tiles, and to our knowledge have never had a failure.

We have seen failures, be it an adhesive other than Ultimate used to stick the tiles, screeds that are still too wet to tile and poor workmanship among other causes of failure.

As a company we would always try and do our best to help, no one knowingly goes out to make a mistake or do something incorrectly, however we all make mistakes and the only way to learn is through education and experience. We wouldn't be looking for an excuse if we learn of a problem, we would look to find the cause and hope to assist in the rectification of the installation for all parties involved.

I

Italy

Tilemaster Adhesives have been using Ultimate for around 10 years for installing quartz tiles, and to our knowledge have never had a failure.

We have seen failures, be it an adhesive other than Ultimate used to stick the tiles, screeds that are still too wet to tile and poor workmanship among other causes of failure.

As a company we would always try and do our best to help, no one knowingly goes out to make a mistake or do something incorrectly, however we all make mistakes and the only way to learn is through education and experience. We wouldn't be looking for an excuse if we learn of a problem, we would look to find the cause and hope to assist in the rectification of the installation for all parties involved.
these are the companies that I like,
bravo.

C

Chris G

Thankyou to all the replied, very usefull information I’ll take eveything into consideration. I’m still on a bit of a learning curve , and to be honest this Tiling game is a bit of a technical minefield .
Thanks again

Reply to Bal or tilemaster ??quartz in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks