Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bal Micromax 2 Grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

On one

Please checkout the following advertisement.
BAL Micromax2 White 5kg | Topps Tiles - https://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod44021/bal-micromax2-white-5kg.html
What a pleasant surprise today turned out to be!
As I was told the customer had chosen the said grout I was expecting Grouting Armageddon,15m2 of 750mm x 300mm ribbed ceramics with a 2mm joint and on (another)hot day.
Nevertheless I persevered and hey-ho,today turned out not so bad as expected.
The grout mixed up well(no mixing a souffle ala UCP)
It didn't drop off the float(ala UCP)
It didn't immediately set in the joints as expected,and I was able to grout a reasonable m2 before returning to wash off,even though Topps did sell the customer an out of date bag!

Washing off wasn't a bind either,produced a smooth consistent finish,not effortless,but I've had worse(anybody remember MicroMax)
I could have left it at two washes,but gave it a 3rd as I had plenty time.
Could well become my wall grout of choice,if I could get sorted with availability and price!!!!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sure they have done something to it, I used some a couple of months back and it was nothing like the ' grout from hell' crap I used last year..

Last edited:
OP
O

On one

Why no Bal MM3 then?
If tilers are staying away from using it because of it's past problems,then a secret reformulation is not going to change that opinion.
Then again how many tilers are seen in Topps?:eek::eek::eek:

OP
W

Waluigi

Been using Micromax for a little while now, predominantly bloody Gunmetal. No issues here.

Looking at moving over to Kerakoll grout though as it doesn’t change colour when it’s wet in showers

OP
H

hmtiling

Been using Micromax for a little while now, predominantly bloody Gunmetal. No issues here.

Looking at moving over to Kerakoll grout though as it doesn’t change colour when it’s wet in showers
Fugalite bio then?
I've never seen a cement based grout that isn't white or black that doesn't darken when wet

OP
O

One Day

Kerakoll make all kinds of magic claims.
I last heard that they have unicorns working in their factory in the clouds....:rolleyes:

OP
Q

Qwerty

He said 'butt'! ^^

giphy.gif

Apologies, little relapse into my early teens :D

Reply to Bal Micromax 2 Grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock