Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bal ivory wall grout in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello I have tiled a kitchen using marble arch grey metro tiles (the are more greenthan grey) iv always used mapei jasmin on past kitchens with cream metro tiles, iv gone off mapei recently and would like to use bal ivory I think, i wondered if anyone had any advice on bal products or grout colours thanks mel

Q

Qwerty

Alot of us on here will tell you to avoid BAL grouts due to patchiness. Why BAL?

Dusty

TF
Reaction score
Alot of us on here will tell you to avoid BAL grouts due to patchiness. Why BAL?
I do loads of regrouting and contacted both BAL and Mapei for grout swatches. BAL assured me a rep would be in touch, but never contacted me, even when chased. Mapei bent over backwards and sent me a lovely case of aluminium encased grout sticks and brochures which must have cost a fair bit. I know who I’d stick with

OP
Smiley mel
Reaction score
Thanks for replies always used mapei but had some grey shading issues with mapei white grout recently, it's never happened before and the area I'm working in has very hard water and as ridiculous as it sounds was going to use bottled in the kitchen, has anyonra else had the grey shading with mapei white? Adesive was fully dry and it waswtwo separate mixes thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Standard bal ivory grout ( not the mm2 grout)... imo is alot easier to use than mapei, I've never had issues with it drying patchy, it's more the floor grouts that have that problem....
It's perfect for Metro's but not porcelain unless you add some gt1 with it.

Reaction score
Mapei has always given me better results than Bal. Contact Mapei and tell them of any past issues, I'm sure they'll appreciate any feedback and be more than happy to give advice.

Reply to Bal ivory wall grout in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock