Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. ismoat Building Products

Discuss Backer board under bath in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Dougie

Dougie New to TilersForums.co.uk

Using wedi style backer board for tiling bathroom floor. Will be a standard bath going in & wondered do you just board up to where the bath will go, leaving the bath to just sit on the floorboards or board the whole floor and site the bath on the backer board too?

Thanks

2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Just sit bath on the floorboards

• Like Like x 1
  3. whitebeam

whitebeam Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Usually up to the bath...

• Like Like x 1
  4. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

I’ve never seen floor boards in a new build over here only in really old houses. It’s all weyrock/chipboard and the NHBC make builders place an extra piece of supportive timber under the bath feet for support. There must have been incidents of a fully filled bath going through the floor.

5. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

I tend to fit timber at 90 degrees to the joists for the Bath to rest on.

With the Tilebacker board, I run it under the Bath slightly. About 100mm or so. Same with tiles, run them under the Bath a little way. That was the panel sits on the tiles.

It’s a bit different if you’re tiling the bath panel.