Discuss Ats porcelain blade issue in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This has happened to my blade today...
20180821_074323.jpg

Never had this happen before :confused2:

O

One Day

I had it happen to a Marcrist akkumax (similar blade) and I had been using the side of the blade to sand edges.
Blade is thin and I think I just stressed it too much.

D

Dumbo

Suck it up. It happens I appreciate what you say about care but can you guarantee you never strssed it .

C

Concrete guy

This has happened to my blade today... View attachment 100324
Never had this happen before :confused2:

Drop me an email with your order number for this blade and we'll send you another one.

It doesn't take much at all to damage these thin blades, it's the downside of making them this thin, they perform great but it only needs a slight knock and the stresses they are under when in use can cause failure.

C

Concrete guy

Wow - that is some great customer service - seeing as it is probably not a warranty claim.

The reality is we'd never know why it failed. It could be it was damaged in use, damaged in transit on the way to the customer or even a manufacturing fault.

We get so few that fail (less than 1%), it's just worth replacing them in this instance as the goodwill outweighs the cost of the replacement.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Woahh easy tiger @timeless john :laughing: ive only started using this site again after many years away so I'm not fully up to speed with what suppliers are members on here... My post was not intended to name and shame but to find out if this damage is usual..
@ATSDiamondTools many thanks for offering to replace the blade but I am happy with the items I've had from you so I have no problem in paying for replacements, your prices save me a fortune in comparison to buying marcrist etc so swings and roundabouts

But if I could take this opportunity to ask you to try to source an 85mm blade for single gang socket cutouts... That would be marvellous :yum:

Reply to Ats porcelain blade issue in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks