Discuss ATS blade, Grinder, in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

Alan from ATS sent me a new blade to try.
I've only had the chance to try it on ceramic tiles but have to test it on natural stone & quartz to see how it cuts.
On the ceramic it leaves a great cut, I've a slight bit of wobble in my grinder but I think this is the best blade I've used from ATS to date.
Will report back the more it gets tested.

image.png image.png image.png

O

Old Mod

I received one also, I've had it tested on 20mm Quartz, at 115mm might prove restrictive with Quartz because 20mm is about its limit.
However, this is the very first two cuts (2 on right) up against a 150mm segmented blade which is normally used for Quartz.
I had given it to a guy who fits Quartz on a daily basis, his initial impressions were good but was concerned that as it didn't have much width to the cutting blade, therefore he thought it may have problems clearing the debris.
image.jpeg

I'll try it on some limestone and Porcel-Thin tomorrow.

S

Stef

been trying it as well, so far only on porcelain.
the first half dozen cut were bloody terrible, but once it was worked in a bit it cut very well.
so far, yes, good blade
price....no idea
Julian I was the same, the 1st cut I stopped & took the grinder outside & ran it through a concrete block a few times, back in the house it was cutting great.
It removes debris very quickly form the cut.
I used it to cut Hardie today with a sponge at the back for dust & it worked well.

O

Old Mod

It's exactly the same as the trojan blade mentioned on the forum and I paid £16.99
There are many blades on the market now with that particular design.
I've paid as little as £5.99 for a 125mm which has given excellent results.
Incidentally, it has gone up to £12.99 now, so must have been popular.

C

Concrete guy

Thanks guys, no prices yet this is just at test stage, if it looks like it will perform well we'll get some in. It will be comparable to our turbo porcelain blades though, it's not going to be £40 or anything.

@3_fall we have some of these in 125mm to test if your quartz guy wants to run one. 125mm is a more common size for our masons for this blade. The factory also produce this in a 175mm size which is slightly odd, but nothing larger currently.

If anyone has some absurdly dense 20mm porcelain or Dekton or Lapitec please give it a try.

Any one else notice it needed bedding in as Julian mentioned?

C

Concrete guy

The trojan blade is exactly the same red colour which is a coincidence or they both buy them from the same manufacturer

It's quite possible it's from the same factory in China. Our guy out there sent it over to test to see if it's any good.

We can specify the colour, diamond quality and content but the design would remain unchanged.

C

Concrete guy

Julian I was the same, the 1st cut I stopped & took the grinder outside & ran it through a concrete block a few times, back in the house it was cutting great.
It removes debris very quickly form the cut.
I used it to cut Hardie today with a sponge at the back for dust & it worked well.

The technical name for running it in concrete block (or anything very abrasive for that matter) is "dressing" the blade. It's also a good tip for bring back to life blades that may appear worn or that have overheated.

It's wearing away some of the sintered metal bond and exposing new diamond, which then cuts much more efficently.

Reply to ATS blade, Grinder, in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks