Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Are these methods acceptable in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

assegayer

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys just wondering if anyone could have a look at the following videos below and give me their opinion on whether these methods would actually:
-Give a long lasting installation
-Saving having to pre level with screed etc and just tile on sand

p.s. please mind the annoying music :)

thanks

OP
W

WetSaw

Interesting user name..

That's how it's done in third world countries and how it was done in the olden days. It's not the 19th century anymore.

OP
F

Flintstone

I’m sure if done correctly then yes they are good old school methods, most people won’t know the first thing about them. We do have a couple of dinosaurs on here that may remember these methods, @timeless john ?

OP
A

assegayer

first video, incorrect. 2 and 3 correct videos.
from what I remember. I was an apprentice at the time. even now I am.
Thanks for the input ,

What i struggle to understand is that the sand looks loose under the tiles and then just putting a chunk of cement how does it hold good?

OP
I

Italy

Thanks for the input ,

What i struggle to understand is that the sand looks loose under the tiles and then just putting a chunk of cement how does it hold good?
do not watch the first video.
if you look carefully, they are marble floors or terrazzo,
they have a thickness of 2/3 cm, add the mortar that put on the sand
and reach a thickness of about 5 cm, enough to make them remain fixed.
usually the one below is not just sand, cement is also added
to reach a bit of hardness.

Reply to Are these methods acceptable in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock