Discuss Ardex Eg8 in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Hi all, i ordered 5 tubs of this today. Trying it for the first time. I normally use kerapoxy and have used easypoxy as well. What do people think of the Ardex?? Ease of use?? clean up etc??

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Brilliant stuff. So easy to use. I think I wrote a thread about it last year Clean up not a problem. It's pretty thick when you mix it up. Unlike normal grout you can use as much water as you like to clean it off the face of the tile.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Cheers Sean. Did you just use sponges or emulsifying pads?? I am trying the Ardex as i can get it from CTD in Cambridge. Not really local but local ish. Every other time i have to order from miles away which is a pain.

O

Old Mod

Cool thanks. I'm liking the sound of the Ardex more. What's it like for pot life? is it like it says on the tin?
Haha c'mon Paul, when have u ever heard the words 'pot life' and 'epoxy' in the same setence? Hahaha

And I make Sean right! Forget sponges, use spongetex cloths from supermarket mate 5 for £1 best by far!!!!

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
True Marc, pot life of most things now seem stretched. We can live in hope though. I will get some spongetex cloths and sponges and emulsifying pads and microfibre cloths. Can't be to prepared with epoxy.

O

Old Mod

True Marc, pot life of most things now seem stretched. We can live in hope though. I will get some spongetex cloths and sponges and emulsifying pads and microfibre cloths. Can't be to prepared with epoxy.
Don't say I didn't warn u when I said spongtex was the best! Hahaha

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Used the ardex Epoxy once. Lovely to use. Mixes well and you do get a reasonable time to work with it and clean up before you start sweating profusely.
White penny mosaic floor is what I used it on.

Reply to Ardex Eg8 in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks