• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Aquamix any help please in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Maverick

Hi all,

Hope you can help a newbie.

Basically renovating for the last 5 months and having one nightmare after another.

Anyway I buy some wickets amaro tiles, they are porcelain but on the box they recommend you seal.

The tiler who was supposed to do the job gave me a little aquamix enrich and seal and told me to seal before he laid.

To cut a long story short he took 4 weeks to prep cost me £600 messed up the boarding and we ran out of aquamix to finishing sealing tiles, we did around a third.

Next tiler in didn't give us a chance and just laid all tiles randomly, we had sealed solely the floor tiles but because some were also being used for the wall he put some sealed on the walls too.

So yeah great, we now have a bathroom with around a third of tiles sealed scattered all over the place.

Problem is we cannot find this aquamix enrich and seal anywhere and we have no experience so we are frightened that we are going to use something else which will look totally different.

If anyone has some aquamix enrich and seal they want to sell I think we need around 1lt.

Or alternatively if anyone can recommend a silimar sealer they have used or alternatively any other ideas, we have tried removing without any joy.

Any help really appreciated.

Many thanks
Mav

OP
M

Maverick

Hi whitebeam,

No they are the wickes Amaro tiles. According to the tiler who done the job very bad quality as different thickness hence reason for some unevenness, I am sceptical that he was looking for excuses but in the end just wanted it done.

Thanks

OP
W

White Room

I don't know that particular tile but if it's already glazed then I have never used a sealer.
Do you have any pics to add to the tile fixing.

OP
M

Maverick

Its stone look, definitely matt though

Screenshot_20180818-001102.jpg

OP
M

Maverick

Thanks but that's really out of budget, anyone know anything else we can use and have straight away?

Thanks

Reaction score
Do the sealed tiles look any different to the ones that aren`t?
If not you should be ok not to seal the rest, as they are glazed porcelain. The glaze is the sealer.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

@muddyfunkster29 - the glaze is NOT the sealer!
Many cheaper polished porcelain advise a sealant to seal the pores left in the surface.
AND the box said seal!

OP
M

Maverick

Hi guys

I know the tiler and me were both puzzled on this. Basically on box it says they recommend sealing this tile so we did. Now regretting it

Thanks

Reply to Aquamix any help please in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer