Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Apprenticeship in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok good luck with that but you make your own luck in life .spent all day looking at my phone doing text realy bad luck did not keep me on after a week .left my phone at home and learned so much realy lucky to be working with a great crew today i am helping fixing you make your own luck .

OP
O

Old Mod

Well done that man!!
MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif

Good luck Dale!

OP
D

Dalef

I started yesterday. Just rang them up asking for some work experience. Next minute I'm signed up on an apprenticeship, all happened so quick. Hope it works out myself, you learn so much on site compared to college.

Thanks for the kind responses.

OP
I

Ian

All the best mate. Don't forget to listen and watch all the time and for goodness sake, keep your phone in your pocket unless you're on a break! Always be looking for the next thing you can do to help, make sure the tiler you are working with has tiles to hand, keep the working area clean and KEEP YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET :tearsofjoy:

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
As above , phone in pocket , ears open , gob shut . :0)
Also try and anticipate what your mentor is going to ask for before he asks , be it sponge , more muck etc .
Remember , a good site is a tidy site.

Good luck and enjoy.

Diggy

OP
N

Nuno

A good thing today is the electric mixer. Really! Where I live, to 13 years ago, it was not seen. Then it was the bucket between his feet to mix and beat the glue against the walls of the bucket to break the lumps! Kills column! Blessed technology! Good luck. (Google translate)

OP
A

Aston

well done dalef,
you've got a great opportunity there mate that many would love to have.

ray's made a valid point, rely on yourself. learn all you can and set your mind on being the absolute best YOU can be. really show a determination to prove you are worth the chance. People will forgive your mistakes if your attitude is right ;o) Weather you are a tiler, a road sweeper or a brain surgeon its all the same, your attitude to do things to the best of your ability is what will make you succeed.

anyway, enough of the motivation spiel, good luck and make this opportunity work for you ;0)
atb
Ed

Reply to Apprenticeship in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock