Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss anyone silicone first? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

klunk

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I usally tile , then grout then silcone, But the job im doing at moment tile over a bath with a shower im tight on days after was lot extra prep,
I thinking if i finished tile and silconed same day then grouted next day would save time waiting till next day for https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ set before grouting

I am using weber standard plus https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and weber grout the tiles are metro
any suggestions ?

O

One Day

I've always reckoned it's better to silicone before grouting anyway. Reasons? Grout can pull water behind the silicone joint leading to problems. Plus, full of grout internal corners can't fully expand.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don’t know, never tried it but ... I’d be concerned about beading across empty vertical joints and then grouting after (surely you couldn’t guarantee it’s fully sealed) and I’m not too sure how easy it would be to clean the silicone up after grouting (unless your beads are perfect and sharp)

F

Flintstone

I like to silicone first too when possible. Better seal I feel and better finish

Reply to anyone silicone first? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock