Anyone got their eye on a piece of kit from Santa?

Discuss Anyone got their eye on a piece of kit from Santa? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.co.uk

callatiler

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Wife and kids dont know what to get me for Xmas and it’s my Birthday on Hogmanay so I’ve been hinting!! I’ve been contacted 6 times this year by insurance companies go have a look at failed UFH installs and do paid reports and quote. So I could justify it if continues next year?
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Andystiletiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Interesting..how's that work then if the wires are broken and cold?
I've heard there's ufh repair companies that put a large voltage through the ufh cables and find the break somehow?

OP
callatiler

callatiler

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
A8F80757-2FBF-4620-9285-6BB9DAB9A70A.gif
I've heard there's ufh repair companies that put a large voltage through the ufh cables and find the break somehow?
Sometimes you get lucky Andy and the heating will go on for a while then switch off suddenly but it will leave a heat signature

OP
callatiler

callatiler

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Other times when not so lucky electrician will check continuity of cables and sensor then if still no fault found disconnect sensor and thermostat and run current thru cable and use a live voltage detector

Andystiletiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Ah right, sounds a lucrative market....as long as builders, sparkies plumbers and joiners are installing ufh sure they'll be a constant flow of work ;)

OP
callatiler

callatiler

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
The most common fault I have found is the very end of wire burnt out as overheated and not enclosed in screed as tape over it creating a pocket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]