Discuss Anyone fitted these before ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_1385.JPG
Hi all
Got a shower to do with these tiles. They are 450 x 440 porcelain, split into 4 by a 1mm groove for grout, which is only 1.5mm deep!
My concern is that there's not enough depth/width for the grout to adhere. Also with only having a 1mm fake joint, means I will have to try and keep the same for the rest. She only has one sample,so can't say if they vary in size.
Anyone had experience with them??
Thanks in advance.
Skyros Delft Blue Wall & Floor Tile - https://totaltiles.co.uk/skyros-delft-blue-wall-floor-tile.html

O

On one

Unless the tile is rectified it would be difficult to replicate the thickness of the joint cut into the tile to the thickness of the joint surrounding the tile.

O

One Day

I've fitted ceramics with fake grout joints which accept and hold the grout just fine - it bites the biscuit and bonds as you would expect.
But porcelain - especially glazed - I wouldn't attempt to grout unless it was a deep cut.
1.5mm sounds too shallow to me.

B

Bill

I have fitted them too but if I get to the client before they pick 'em, I tell them to buy something else.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
According to the spec they are NOT rectified and are porcelain.., so may be a bit "Sizey"... Making it hard to keep a 1 mm joint uniformly...
I'd go with 2mm .. Once all grouted up in white ( modified or with add mix as I know it ), all joints will blend in and give the desired affect
But Deffo Explain the problems to the client.
Good luck

U

Unused Account 1

View attachment 98232 Hi all
Got a shower to do with these tiles. They are 450 x 440 porcelain, split into 4 by a 1mm groove for grout, which is only 1.5mm deep!
My concern is that there's not enough depth/width for the grout to adhere. Also with only having a 1mm fake joint, means I will have to try and keep the same for the rest. She only has one sample,so can't say if they vary in size.
Anyone had experience with them??
Thanks in advance.
Skyros Delft Blue Wall & Floor Tile - https://totaltiles.co.uk/skyros-delft-blue-wall-floor-tile.html
I used these before ,i just mixed grout bit thicker than usual ,waited till its almost gone and you can get it ,i used ardex fs nice grout easy to work with

Reply to Anyone fitted these before ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks