Discuss Any advice for starting up on your own? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

sp96

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,

Big fan of the forum found it really useful with plenty of great info.
Been tiling for around 4 years, completed my apprenticeship carried on with my old boss for a year now currently working abroad. Thinking about starting up on my own back home and just wondered if there's any advice out there from anyone who has been in a similar position. Maybe I'm running before I can walk haha thanks in advance.

Q

Qwerty

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Knowing your limitations is certainly one thing to bear in mind, but for all your other queries feel free to ask away in the relevant sections.

Most of us are self employed/ limited so have been in your position at some point in the past

B

Blunt Tool

Joined in May and just started getting involved, good to see, welcome! Best advice I can give you is cash flow. Try not and set out in debt and try to use a floating kitty for materials and money to tide you over till you get paid. Pay as you go to start with no credit.

OP
sp96

sp96

TF
Reaction score
thanks for your help guys much appreciated. How would you recommend getting a steady workflow? Just advertisement online etc? Got a few contacts who I could subbie for just wondering for my own jobs

D

Dumbo

Get a portfolio up together and go to as many tile shops as you can . This is normally a good start route .

G

GoneGuy

Welcome to TF,
One way is to go around local tile shops and put your business cards in there, also set up a Facebook business page which will also help local customers find you.

L

LM

Offer a shop to do a reasonable job free of charge and if they like what they see then they’ll keep you in mind as good reliable Tiler’s are in short supply.

Reply to Any advice for starting up on your own? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer