Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Anhydrite prep set up in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

merit

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all
What is your set up for prepping these floors as far as sanding goes
I've always hired polishers with 60grit
But I've got a biggish floor to do that is going to be in stages
Is it better to be Looking at buying second hand
Is it a polisher with adapters to take the disks
Anyone know of company's they deal with that sell on there equipment
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
60 grit sanding pads wont be enough for sanding off laitance
Copper disc or diamond cups will do it but you may need some dust extraction depending on how dry the screed is
This is something I have been doing a lot more of and have invested in some good gear and have opened up another business for it
Mike

Glynn

TF
Reaction score
Have a look at a sander called Sand Glider. I saw it being used on a site I visited and seemed to be doing a very good job. It may be on You Tube and it is available through some tool hire shops.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
simple STR floor sander with SPE ltd turbo disc seems to take care of most situation quickly and easily and most of all cost effectively.

OP
M

merit

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies
Is this disk a sanding disk or grinding type of set up
I managed with a 60 grit sanding disk on a small floor
Would this struggle with bigger area?

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
60 grit is usually sufficient for a loose friable laitance. This is a sand paper disk that goes onto an STR sander (the type that people of a certain age would have seen the school caretaker using to polish the hall floor). If the laitance has become hardened or baked on but remains flaky then a lower grit or more aggressive disk such as a copper disk is ok. The turbo disk is impregnated with diamond studs so is a cross between sanding and grinding. It seems to cut through most laitance easily whether on anhydrite or sand cement or cement based flowing screed. The only place I know of that sells these disks is SPE ltd. They have depots in Lincoln and Norwich that I know of but others that I might not know.

Reaction score
Ive bought an Errut prm twin disc floor grinder which uses 6 carborundum blocks and has a low dust emission I use this regularly as an extra to my tile work aswell does the job well !

O

One Day

60 grit is perfect if the timing is right. admittedly, if the screed has been left for months you'll struggle!

F

Flintstone

Your gonna need diamond grinding cups let’s not pretend sand paper is gonna do it!

Reply to Anhydrite prep set up in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock