Discuss Anhydite question in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

James

TF
Reaction score
Do i need to remove all the patches on this screed as it is difficult to remove with str an 60 grit ? Alls am thinking is if its stuck to the screed this good does it need to be removed prior to priming .thanks

IMG_1948.JPG

James

TF
Reaction score
Ive got a str machine on it with 40 grit an 60 grit an it doesnt wana come off ,and its been down for nearly 6 mnths an has had the ufh runing for about 5wks

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The one I did , the bloke sanded it himself, with a angle grinder/sander with a wire brush grinder attachment thingie as sandpaper wasn't touching it, worked a treat :eek:

James

TF
Reaction score
Now i know it has to come off i will continue with the machine and i do have a 9inch grinder with a prep wheel on which i will try

Reaction score
hear it quiet a bit how the ufh is commissioned (switched on) before the laitenance is removed, like stef says it just bakes it on the surface making your job alot harder unfortunately.

can @Ajax123 offer any other advice?

Reply to Anhydite question in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks