Discuss Am I missing out not using levelling clips in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Give the Premtool clips a try via ProTiler Tools.

They are basically Chinese clips rebranded but are still reasonable when bought in the UK.

You put the clips behind the tiles, pop the wedges in and knock the clips to snap when the adhesive has set. Simple as that and they work fine.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I shall go and have a look, they are just down the road from me.
Got some big (for me) tiles coming up so will give them a go.
Want a new cutter too as my Rubi is getting tired now.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
im doing quite a big order today with our friends at protiler. the clips will be in the order - are there any tips for using them? i.e. are the sizes the same as normal spacers 2 / 3 mm etc

Reaction score
Just did abit of practice this morning with the premtool like waluigi recommended, they’re spot on!

(The tiles are on paint and mdf board, i know...just practice) ;)

C9B5BB9D-5EDC-415D-A48A-C38091D1D50D.jpeg

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Very nice. Is the thought with these clips that the substrate need not be as perfect to tile on as it would be without using the clips?

U

Unused Account 1

Never had a problem before the came out ,dont use them now,sometimes creates voids when using them ,ive been told

W

Waluigi

im doing quite a big order today with our friends at protiler. the clips will be in the order - are there any tips for using them? i.e. are the sizes the same as normal spacers 2 / 3 mm etc

Use the 1mm clips and use your own spacers.

Premtool have a couple of length clips for different thicknesses of tiles. That’s all you really need to think about.

The substrate needs to be just as flat as before clips came out. I tend to get my tiles pretty much bedded in and just use the clips to pull in on that last millimetre or two. Clips are designed to hold everything together until the adhesive sets.

Just had a small delivery of clips from PT Myself . These are the ones I mainly use.

D4C66768-8B20-4EA2-A5EE-36C2313D28EB.jpeg

B

Blunt Tool

If you do your own prep ( installing Cement, foam or plasterboard on walls or boards on floors and screeds) then you take your time and get it right so you don’t need clips if the tiles are good. If you have bowed tiles then clips can help straighten tile till adhesive has a chance to dry and fix-in place permanently. If the in situ walls are to be used then clips can help with lipping but you must make sure you are not creating voids behind tiles and if walls were that bad then would be better to fix first then no need for clips. Clips are in my van only for odd occasions, just another tool that is an option when weighing up sub surface, materials, tiles etc

B

Blunt Tool

Another tip for clips from Marc is for using them on plasterboard or boards when fixing them to hold in place whilst adhesive goes off or is Sharon claiming that one aswell? :rolleyes:

I

Italy

Never had a problem before the came out ,dont use them now,sometimes creates voids when using them ,ive been told

If you do your own prep ( installing Cement, foam or plasterboard on walls or boards on floors and screeds) then you take your time and get it right so you don’t need clips if the tiles are good. If you have bowed tiles then clips can help straighten tile till adhesive has a chance to dry and fix-in place permanently. If the in situ walls are to be used then clips can help with lipping but you must make sure you are not creating voids behind tiles and if walls were that bad then would be better to fix first then no need for clips. Clips are in my van only for odd occasions, just another tool that is an option when weighing up sub surface, materials, tiles etc
you two are pro, you do not need clips.
clips are for apprentices ... ;)

Reply to Am I missing out not using levelling clips in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks