Discuss Am I missing out not using levelling clips in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Currently I don’t use leveling clips. Having read about them and seen threads on here I’m considering using them. If I you get a better finish and quicker then why not?

When do you guys use them?

- size type of tile
- wall / floor
- do they mean that the surface to be tiled need not be as good as without them in terms of level etc

As ever many thanks

W

Waluigi

I’ve done a couple of porcel-thin jobs now. Not on the scale of some of the people on here, just the small 120 x 60cm tiles. There’s no way I’d even attempt this type of job without them. That’s wall tiles

I’m doing some 70 x 25cm ceramics next week and I’ll be using clips on these too.

Job after that is some small 40 x 20 white tiles. No need for clips IMHO.

B

Bill

The plank job I did last week, the tiles were bowed and the floor was a tad uneven due to it being laid over existing (height issues meant I couldn't screed ontop or have the existing removed) so the clips made the job easier.

F

Flintstone

This has been debated many many times on here. The best thing for you to do is get your self a starter set with enough to do a job or whatever you like and make your own mind up if they work for you. Bare in mind they will take a bit of getting used to. Next question which brand ? Personal choice but pro tiler tools own brand seem to get some good reviews I'm sure they have a deal for you

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Food for thought. Thank you all very much for your replies. I’m doing a protiler order tomorrow so will get some to play with.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Which are the best ones to use then chaps?

Reply to Am I missing out not using levelling clips in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks