Discuss Alternative to cutting with grinders outside in the elements in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

CF68CA3F-C975-4442-B648-5FB5D6C6C66C.jpeg Tiled kitchen splashbacks with metro tiles today, half bond and didn’t once go outside in the pouring rain or even used a manual cutter. Just set up my little Briccolina wet saw and did every straight and L shape cut with no mess, no water everywhere and no dust. I had forgotten how good and clean these little wet saws are and how good table saws are if it’s a quality machine with a good blade in it!

OP
L

LM

View attachment 97238 Tiled kitchen splashbacks with metro tiles today, half bond and didn’t once go outside in the pouring rain or even used a manual cutter. Just set up my little Briccolina wet saw and did every straight and L shape cut with no mess, no water everywhere and no dust. I had forgotten how good and clean these little wet saws are and how good table saws are if it’s a quality machine with a good blade in it!
What blade do you have in it Ian or is it the one supplied that you use?

OP
B

Blunt Tool

What blade do you have in it Ian or is it the one supplied that you use?
I still have the standard blade but purchased the porcelain blade aswell when I bought it and still not used it Lee, still no chipping no matter what I’ve put thru it.

OP
F

Flintstone

Ive got a plas plug master tiler, similar to that vitrex and I used to use it for everything, it’s great. I fact I had it out today for the first time in a year! The guard is long gone so it’s not one for indoors anymore. I also had small table top types. That little one looks nice.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

FC21C68D-4B98-4D51-9817-79701DBD9FB8.jpeg You can even buy this platform now to so that the Briccolina handles larger formats, 2 wet saws in one.

OP
D

Dumbo

View attachment 97238 Tiled kitchen splashbacks with metro tiles today, half bond and didn’t once go outside in the pouring rain or even used a manual cutter. Just set up my little Briccolina wet saw and did every straight and L shape cut with no mess, no water everywhere and no dust. I had forgotten how good and clean these little wet saws are and how good table saws are if it’s a quality machine with a good blade in it!
I fancy one of those

OP
J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

If anyone wants a pop-up work tent that is really waterproof and tough, I'd recommend these guys:
Pop Up Gazebo | Waterproof Gazebo | Gazebos For Sale | Gazebos - https://rockawnings.co.uk/
They come in a wheeled bag and fit easily in my Connect.

They look really useful. How well do they come with 'some' wind (I dont mean a tornado). I'd love one where my cutter is outside (and none tiling jobs). - it can go ontop of the landrover for transport.Some lights they look smashing.

OP
O

Old Mod

I bought one already!
(I'm not Andy!)
I know you’re not Andy, Mark, I’d worked that out. Haha
It’s the way I chose to read your post,
That he could buy it, so you could put it in your Connect. :rolleyes:

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
They look really useful. How well do they come with 'some' wind (I dont mean a tornado). I'd love one where my cutter is outside (and none tiling jobs). - it can go ontop of the landrover for transport.Some lights they look smashing.

I 'had' one of these which was screwed to a timber deck of a Barn conversion we were doing........it 'was' a great bit of kit until the wind had it's way.
It snapped a couple of legs and ripped the roof. It was a particularly windy day/night though.:(
Would def get another.

OP
F

Flintstone

82F76A56-519F-4303-9EF3-B965BE255388.jpeg
I had a pop up gazaebo similar to the budget one in Marks link, never used it for work, I bought it to cover the old bug when I was taking the engine out. Took it camping and it blew away and ended up mangled! Pack down nice but very heavy!

Reply to Alternative to cutting with grinders outside in the elements in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer