Discuss After some advice re career change! Access Training Wales in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

SCCB

I think its £1,300 to £1500 it changes from year to year here.
It is means tested, so it is based on your house hold income..
If your on job seekers its free (only level 1 and 2, level 3 is not funded if your over 24 years of age) and is your 16-18 its free.
Also there is apprenticeships.

M

Mr Tiler

4,000!!
What do you get for that?
NVQ Level 2?

@deanotile might be the man for this one.

It's a real shame that just the other day I heard Manchester College are closing their tiling course department, because of lack of funding, then I hear a private training centre is getting 4k from one student?!

I didn't think it was anywhere near that much personally. But I might be wrong.

Have you rang a few others to see what their prices are? I know you might not be able to get to other places easily, but just to test to see what prices they are?

Access Training Wales used to sponsor one of our forums, but I think it was the sparky one, and I can believe a sparky course costing that much, but not tiling.

I'm on the fence.

That all said well done for getting into doing something you want to do.
I had a call from a tiling training company somewhere in wales dan and they was adkin for 3,000 so if hes wrong mate he wont be far off the mark lol ridiculous isnt it

S

SCCB

But it is over an full academic year ( September to July ) 4 days for 16-18s with Maths English built in as a separate course 4 days a week.
And 2 days a week for 19+ learners , with no maths and English

S

SCCB

I think its £1,300 to £1500 it changes from year to year here.
It is means tested, so it is based on your house hold income..
If your on job seekers its free (only level 1 and 2, level 3 is not funded if your over 24 years of age) and is your 16-18 its free.
Also there is apprenticeships.

I stand corrected, I have just spoken to Tracy Kerr who is out go to guru for apprenticeships.
the total funding for the full frame work is up to £12,000 for 1 apprentice.

Here is some of the criteria.

Apprentice needs to be 16-24
You need to employ less than 50 employees
they need to complete all the frame work..
£12000 wow........

If your thinking of apprentices then call Tracy on 07787004710 we have had apprentices from as far as Bristol.

Reply to After some advice re career change! Access Training Wales in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks