Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advise please. relative newb tiling sloping wall and floor in bathroom... in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

P

purplebod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all
Forgive the lengthy post. I have been trawling this and other sites and have come to the conclusion I need some professional advice. I am small, quite handy with DIY, cash poor - but time rich...I have been refurbing our house and have just got the bathroom left to do. I have tiled a floor and straight walls before (years ago) but am nervous about this since I will be tile the inside of a sloping mansard roof, and the thought of tiles falling off onto the child's head while he is in the bath is a bit of a worry. Original plaster was bendy(!), so I have stripped that off. The rafters (of course) aren't true with each other. After researching, I decided to go for small ceramic tiles (Antiqua decor wall 200mm x 200mm from wallsandfloors) and matching ones on the floor. My plan is to fix schluter kerdi board (thickness?) to the rafters (levelling with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/?) then tile onto that. I really wanted to make some kind of shower nook along the length of the bath (or 3 smaller ones) which may be possible with kerdi board as well...The shape of the bathroom means that it is easier to tile the slope before the bath is fitted. I will, of course have to do the floor first. This has been fixed with 18mm plywood. Everyone has advised me to ditra mat the floor, so I have purchased that. Would be so so grateful for any advice (apart from employing a pro - out of my budget...). Literally what adhesives, spreading thingies, cutting thingies recommended for tiles,and best way to go about it. I won't be offended - assume I know nothing, like Manuel... I will try and attach pics...Thanks!

IMG_2911.JPG IMG_2882.JPG IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2941.JPG IMG_2949.JPG IMG_2943.JPG IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3070.JPG

Reaction score

Reply to Advise please. relative newb tiling sloping wall and floor in bathroom... in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock