Discuss Advise on Dural ci fh. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

andreas

TF
Reaction score
Hi.will dural ci fh membrane be enough to use straight on chipboard floor which looks pretty sound with 1.2m over 0.6m, 10mm thick porcelain on top? 20m2 coverage.
Thanks

Andrew

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score

andreas

TF
Reaction score
There is a insulation underneath the chip boards also wanna keep floor as low as possible cause there gonna be a step at some point.i'll check your product.thanks

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

There is a insulation underneath the chip boards also wanna keep floor as low as possible cause there gonna be a step at some point.i'll check your product.thanks
If it has insulation underneath is it a floating floor .

andreas

TF
Reaction score
Should be fine, If you can it maybe worth to put a tile backerboard in just to stop the heat escaping downwards. We've got a alternative to dural if you'd like to take a look, will most likey be better priced and a higher quality product.

Electric Undertile Heating Cable with HeatBase Decoupling Membrane - http://www.uheat.co.uk/electric-undertile-heating-cable-with-heatbase-decoupling-membrane/
What's the reccomended cable spacing on the mat for such a thick tile?

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
What's the reccomended cable spacing on the mat for such a thick tile?

We normally space it at 2 spacing minimum which gives off around 140-160w/m2 which is a primary heating source.

J

J Sid

don't even consider Tiling a floating floor.
there is a very high chance of it failing.
are you a gambling man? Is the few hundred pounds profit good enough against the few thousand you will have to pay out when it goes wrong.

only option is it needs to be changed into a fix floor before tiling

andreas

TF
Reaction score
I appreciate your advice,after this thread i have done more research and was going to let it go,however may consider fixing it. What would be your advice to do that?

andreas

TF
Reaction score
don't even consider Tiling a floating floor.
there is a very high chance of it failing.
are you a gambling man? Is the few hundred pounds profit good enough against the few thousand you will have to pay out when it goes wrong.

only option is it needs to be changed into a fix floor before tiling
I appreciate your advice,after this thread i have done more research and was going to let it go,however may consider fixing it. What would be your advice to do that?

Reply to Advise on Dural ci fh. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks