Discuss Advice required about Hole repair kits for porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
hi all,

Looking for some advice please.

Do any of you pro’s carry/use repair kits?
If so, which ones do you recommend?

Drilled a hole in the wrong place in a concrete effect porcelain tiles and want to try and disguise it. I do have a MagicMan that I’ve used before but would like to have a kit that gives me a chance to try myself - I believe I have the artistry in me :)

It’s in quite a discreet place so should be doable.

Have seen Picobello and porc-a-filler/porc-a-fix products on a google search... are these any good?

Many thanks for any advice.

Dean.

O

Old Mod

I’ve used the Picobello with limited success.

I’d be interested to know about your magicman experience, with any images you may have Dean.

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Cheers,

Did you use the melted stick or touch-up brush kit? The porc-a-fix offers a vast array of colours but would like to hear from users and where to get.

As for the tile-repair guy I used, he was very good... not from MagicMan but I think he may have worked for them in the pasr. His price was pretty fair as it had to be done and get me out of some bother I was left in by the tiler I used on that job. My thinking is that if I could get a basic repair kit it would help with time and money and I’d still use my guy for the trickier problems. I’ve had some good success with wood doors, panelling, bath and tray repairs so don’t see why I can’t try the tile repair myself and am just looking for the right product.

Here are a couple of before and afters from the job the tile repair chap did for me...

9764CFC7-E98E-454D-976B-F885515EFB9B.jpeg

3047E427-D71A-49DD-AF3E-EDE89CF2B3D0.jpeg

9E4420D7-4AAE-4F81-877A-C17B4D6171E6.jpeg
825F4919-C968-4CD9-8EB4-B0B0391539DC.jpeg

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used the Picobello kit and provided you take your time, you'll repair that easily enough. The secret is to use darker colours as your base. You can then add minimal amounts of lighter colours to get the blend right. You will never get a perfect result but I'd say unless someone is looking for the fault, it will go unnoticed.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Has your customer seen it? what did they say?
I'd eat my poop sandwich and smash that tile out if there's any spare.
just have to repair the wall.

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
I’ll change the tile if they ask me too but they’re pretty easy going types and the hole will be covered up most of the time as the bracket for the console (to the left of the hole) is a towel rail and will be holding towels :D

I’ll try the repair kit and see how it looks... be interested to see the result before smashing it out... and going on their reaction.

Cheers.

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Yes, that’s one of the vids I’ve seen, but they don’t have any clips dealing with a wall tile repair.... only horizontal repairs which is a bit suspect! Does the wax run out of the hole before it cools and sets???

Reply to Advice required about Hole repair kits for porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks