Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice please if mirror metro brick is suitable behind hob??? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Wedgewood

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hello I'm a new member and wondering if anyone can give me advice whether mirrored metro brick tiles are suitable for kitchen splashback and behind the hob? Would the glass crack or the grouting come off due to heat? Or the silver of the glass becomes distressed? The thickness of the glass brick is 6 mm.

Secondly what kind of grouting is suitable for such mirror brick?

Thank you.

OP
T

Tile Shop

They can but all depends on the hob position. Most manufacturers advise a minimum gap of 150 to 200mm from the actual heat source (ask supplier for their recommendation).

To prevent a chemical reaction with the backing, the also need to be fixed and grouted with epoxy.

OP
W

Wedgewood

They can but all depends on the hob position. Most manufacturers advise a minimum gap of 150 to 200mm from the actual heat source (ask supplier for their recommendation).

To prevent a chemical reaction with the backing, the also need to be fixed and grouted with epoxy.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Reply to Advice please if mirror metro brick is suitable behind hob??? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock